• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    They had a problem with the phone system, ended up with a new number. I'll get it and post it. I keep forgetting to save it. They are building a two story indoor shooting range and expanding quite a bit

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I've bought a couple of handguns from Terry at Red Ghost and was treated well. I now go to Right to Bear Arms because I work at Toyota and they are on my way home from work. They are a first class shop with a friendly crew. I can't say enough good things about them there. They are almost complete with a 10 lane, 25 yard indoor range. They will be offering range time by the half-hour or full hour along with yearly memberships. You'll have to "like" them on facebook again because for some reason, their original facebook page was deleted.

Strictly Shooting? Meh. I used to browse there, never felt the need to buy anything. Too expensive.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've bought a couple of handguns from Terry at Red Ghost and was treated well. I now go to Right to Bear Arms because I work at Toyota and they are on my way home from work. They are a first class shop with a friendly crew. I can't say enough good things about them there. They are almost complete with a 10 lane, 25 yard indoor range. They will be offering range time by the half-hour or full hour along with yearly memberships. You'll have to "like" them on facebook again because for some reason, their original facebook page was deleted.

Strictly Shooting? Meh. I used to browse there, never felt the need to buy anything. Too expensive.

Pretty much my experiences. I did get to tour the shooting ranges, they look great. $300/year for single, $450 family (up to 4), or $18/hour. Prices are going from memory, so can't promise I'm 100% accurate. They have copies of rules / restrictions, just ask.

Red Dawn in Princeton seems pretty good as well, only been by 1x, had some CFE Pistol Powder, $22ish. Prices seemed pretty good, will stop by again.

Whenever I head East, I stop by Dave's Gun Shop in Holland, also great place.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    So last summer, I go into Rajo's for my first trip, despite hearing all the bad stories.
    Wife and I browse for 15 minutes or so. What's his name is jabbering to what appeared to be a cop buddy.
    I find some ammo I hadn't seen anywhere else for sometime.
    I pick up 3 boxes of it, about $60 worth. Walk up to register, which is about 4 ft from where the BS session is still occurring.
    I wait three or four minutes. The BS never slows down. I leave the ammo on the counter and leave. No attempt made to stop us.
    Must be nice to be making so much money, you can pick and choose who buys from you.

Bucks and Jakes in Boonville, you'll be lucky to find any help. They all tend to hide in the back. If you are a shoplifter, you'd be in hog heaven.

ponchoGXP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    newburgh
    Yeh, thumbs down on Ratjos. My pick is Buck 'n Jakes, Put 'n Take, Dominion Outdoors (Va I think). But about Strickly Shoot'n wuz try'n nto find out when incident happened 'cause I'm jus plain nosy.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    Bucks and Jakes in Booneville is soooo worth the drive.

Well after a 4-way partnership consisting of the owner of B&J, Combs Landscape, (and two other fellows I can't recall) leased up roughly 6k acres of coal mine property and shut down hunting for the common man, I wouldn't buy a gun from B&J for any reason. These guys were rude and arrogant to the local land owners (I know because I am one). One of them told me that because they are letting the Warrick Co. Sheriff deputies hunt this lease with their kids, they have the sheriff's department in their back pocket. It would be one thing to loose the hunting ground - but for them to brag on how much money they have and just be general #$@holes about it really ticked me off.

Rant Off

buddy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    United States
    My experiences:

I enjoy browsing Red Ghost, and I like Terry. I have bought a rifle from him and a few accessories, but nothing much. He always seems to have things other shops simply don't have.

Rajo's is terrible. Simply put, I don't understand how they are still in business.

Why even consider anyone other than Jim Spence at J&S Guns on the east side for your transfers?? Seriously, he's a hoot to talk with and I believe it's only $15 per transfer.

Never went to Strictly Shooting, but i'm excited to see the new Uncle Rudy's indoor range up and running.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My experiences:

I enjoy browsing Red Ghost, and I like Terry. I have bought a rifle from him and a few accessories, but nothing much. He always seems to have things other shops simply don't have.

Rajo's is terrible. Simply put, I don't understand how they are still in business.

Why even consider anyone other than Jim Spence at J&S Guns on the east side for your transfers?? Seriously, he's a hoot to talk with and I believe it's only $15 per transfer.

Never went to Strictly Shooting, but i'm excited to see the new Uncle Rudy's indoor range up and running.

J&S is $20 per serial # for transfers.

Where is Uncle Rudys?

Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    Well after a 4-way partnership consisting of the owner of B&J, Combs Landscape, (and two other fellows I can't recall) leased up roughly 6k acres of coal mine property and shut down hunting for the common man, I wouldn't buy a gun from B&J for any reason. These guys were rude and arrogant to the local land owners (I know because I am one). One of them told me that because they are letting the Warrick Co. Sheriff deputies hunt this lease with their kids, they have the sheriff's department in their back pocket. It would be one thing to loose the hunting ground - but for them to brag on how much money they have and just be general #$@holes about it really ticked me off.

Rant Off
    That has been going on in Warrick Co. for a lot longer than B&Js has been there!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My experiences:

I think the answer lies in the fact that Rajo has been in business so long that a lot of first time, mom and pop type gun shoppers just go there and buy.

buddy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    United States
    J&S is $20 per serial # for transfers.

Where is Uncle Rudys?

Thanks for the correction, at $20 he's still cheaper than anyone else I've found in the area....and it's even more enticing that he drives down to Whittaker's and picks up guns to be transferred. I've done this multiple times now

As for Rudy's, like the other guy mentioned, it will be on Plaza East Blvd....Follow their Facebook page and donate if you all are able to. We need more places like this

https://www.facebook.com/UncleRudys?ref=br_tf

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    Strickly shooting and red ghost are the 2 most un-friendly shops I have ever been in. I will never visit either of them again.

I 2nd that and rajos not far behind

I like J&S guns NO B.S. $20 transfers Ill order on line have shipped in {I would rather buy locally }

buddy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    United States
    So, Uncle Rudy's is still in the dreaming faze I see. Still to appear before zoning. I can't see the blue prints very well, but only two lanes?

It does look like they haven't been approved yet, so yes I would agree...but I do hope it goes through. According to their facebook, it is set for 10 lanes at 25 yards

Top Bottom