"Strictly Shooting" Indoor Range (Evansville, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    There are 2 other guys I see occasionally, aside from the 2 bigger guys (brothers?). Both are slender dudes, one has brown hair, and I've heard him say he's the owner (?) But he also argued with a customer that you're not required to engrave SBRs anymore, so I don't know if I trust him. The other was fairer haired, balding with glasses, and had a bit of a "lazy" eye. I'm not picking on him, he seems like a nice enough guy, that's just the first thing my fat, judgemental @ss noticed. lol

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I used to see Mark most of the time but haven't for awhile (I was last there about a month ago.) He's the former Posey County deputy who quit there and got on the EPD a few years ago.

skinny guy with glasses? if so then every once in awhile I will see him.

loki.fish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    There are 2 other guys I see occasionally, aside from the 2 bigger guys (brothers?). Both are slender dudes, one has brown hair, and I've heard him say he's the owner (?) But he also argued with a customer that you're not required to engrave SBRs anymore, so I don't know if I trust him. The other was fairer haired, balding with glasses, and had a bit of a "lazy" eye. I'm not picking on him, he seems like a nice enough guy, that's just the first thing my fat, judgemental @ss noticed. lol

Somebody there told me we don't have to engrave SBR's anymore a couple weeks ago. Now that I know Dave's has his class III, I have no desire to ever step foot in Strictly Shooting again.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Somebody there told me we don't have to engrave SBR's anymore a couple weeks ago. Now that I know Dave's has his class III, I have no desire to ever step foot in Strictly Shooting again.

You may have been the person I saw him talking to. He was saying "You haven't had to engrave an SBR in like 10 years".

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I have known Doug and Hershal all of my life, they are my cousins. That being said if you want to talk archery then they are the guys to talk to but, they dont know their ass from a hole in the wall about firearms.

Herchal was a Matthews sponsored shooter for several years and then I think he kinda got burnt out. Doug shot some but was never sponsored or real competitive, that I remember.

BTW if either of those jackasses ask you to eat something, DONT! Its going to light your world up! They have been sneaking ghost pepper hot sauce into about everything.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Mark is the guy with "lazy" eye. Real nice guy, just works part time in that place.

Like I said, he seemed pretty nice. He was being very patient with a guy that walked in with a plastic walmart sack full of glocks to shoot at the range, asking Mark if he had a Glock sight tool to adjust the elevation on his front sight post. :rolleyes:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    were can someone shoot a Ar .223 around e-ville if your not a member of a private club?

Kinda slow at work, I may take off and go shooting tomorrow.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    were can someone shoot a Ar .223 around e-ville if your not a member of a private club?

Kinda slow at work, I may take off and go shooting tomorrow.

Red Brush... I think you can pay for a lane there if you're not a member.\

Or get a .22 conversion bolt and shoot at SS like I do. lol

Top Bottom