• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Went to the gun show at the Evansville Armory today and had a decent time looking around at the things that where there. After I thought I'd head over to
    Strictly Shooting to see what their shop was like and all that. I had been hearing from several people on here that it wasn't really that great of a place as far as selection goes for handguns and after walking in and looking around I have to agree. However I had also heard about how poor their customer service was and I have to say that at least as far as my visit went, they treated me right. No wait time for one of them asking if i needed help with something or answering my question's. When I told the guy I'd like to try out their indoor range and rent a gun from them he went out of his way to help me with selecting which one to shoot and getting everything I needed.

Over all, even with their poor selection of handguns I would still return to their shop and spend time and money there...

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    18yr I believe, I didn't really look at that as I'm well past that age so. But you could always give them a call to find out for sure.

The whole thing cost me $42 and some change

the 1/2hr lane time was $10
    the gun rental was $5
    ear and eye protection was $2
    and 2 targets was a buck
    and the .45acp ammo was 22.95

your mileage may very due range time you want and type of ammo you want to shoot as well.

I do know that if you do 2 people per lane the it's 15 per lane and not my ten.
    Like I said, I had a great time

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    18yr I believe, I didn't really look at that as I'm well past that age so. But you could always give them a call to find out for sure.

The whole thing cost me $42 and some change

the 1/2hr lane time was $10
    the gun rental was $5
    ear and eye protection was $2
    and 2 targets was a buck
    and the .45acp ammo was 22.95

your mileage may very due range time you want and type of ammo you want to shoot as well.

I do know that if you do 2 people per lane the it's 15 per lane and not my ten.
    Like I said, I had a great time
    I guess you can take your own weapon and ammo and targets? I just have`nt gone there because I heard they are really very un-friendly.
    Sugar Ridge is free but its so far to go. Went there today, there were only about 5 people there. I seen the rifle range, but could not fine the pistol range.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I guess you can take your own weapon and ammo and targets? I just have`nt gone there because I heard they are really very un-friendly.
    Sugar Ridge is free but its so far to go. Went there today, there were only about 5 people there. I seen the rifle range, but could not fine the pistol range.

Where's Sugar Ridge range at? I also have a place at yellow banks and sugar ridge is close...

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Easy instructionsto Sugar Ridge rifle range (pistol too)

Go north on SR61 from the Authur Jct.......SR64 and SR61

The turn off on to the county road (SR61has a small sign that says rifle range on the right side of the road when going north), it is not far from the jct. Follow the county road about a mile it is on the right can't miss it.

From memory it has 4 or 5 lanes up 50 - 200 yrds, don't forget to sign in so we get funding to keep it open.

Closes at dusk times are posted remember the range is on EST.

Last edited:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Easy instructionsto Sugar Ridge rifle range (pistol too)

Go north on SR61 from the Authur Jct.......SR64 and SR61

The turn off on to the county road (SR61has a small sign that says rifle range on the right side of the road when going north), it is not far from the jct. Follow the county road about a mile it is on the right can't miss it.

From memory it has 4 or 5 lanes up 50 - 200 yrds, don't forget to sign in so we get funding to keep it open.

Closes at dusk times are posted remember the range is on EST.
    I was there Saterday, and found the rifle range, where a few ppl were shooting. They looked at me and my wife like we were from outer space, so I didnt ask where the pistol range was. Or was it the same area? We would be willing to go back, if that was the spot.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I was there Saterday, and found the rifle range, where a few ppl were shooting. They looked at me and my wife like we were from outer space, so I didnt ask where the pistol range was. Or was it the same area? We would be willing to go back, if that was the spot.

The pistol range is the first one you come to on the right.

loki.fish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Not a fan of Strictly Shooting myself. I started going to Bucks and Jakes. Now that I know there are other Class III dealers nearby, I have no reason whatsoever to go back to Strictly Shooting.

Top Bottom