• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tacticalfan72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    I've been looking at a lot of Striders lately(+1 to Brad for selling me my first SnG) and I've noticed that some models have stonewashed blade stops and other ones are black finished like the rest of the hardware. I haven't found any rhyme or reason between specific examples. Does it differ by configuration and I'm overlooking it, or is it just whatever they grab out of their hardware bin pretty much?

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I've been looking at a lot of Striders lately(+1 to Brad for selling me my first SnG) and I've noticed that some models have stonewashed blade stops and other ones are black finished like the rest of the hardware. I haven't found any rhyme or reason between specific examples. Does it differ by configuration and I'm overlooking it, or is it just whatever they grab out of their hardware bin pretty much?

I think it's just whatever they have. I have a few and have compared a few and found the same thing you did.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I have seen all kinds of combinations of hardware color, stop pin colors....etc. So, I have concluded, Strider uses what happens to be on hand at the time they are making the knife. When I receive knives from Strider, all I know is the models that I'm getting, it's rare that I know the blade steel and some times I don't even know what color G-10 I'm getting. It's like Christmas when opening up a box from Strider. :):

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What Brad said. Rest assured no matter what blade stop color you are getting a truly badass tank of a knife! And welcome to the Strider club BTW!!!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom