• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm looking for some info on Strider Knives, really a source for information on them. Please I'm not interested in the owners, their backgrounds or their business practices. I found tons of info on the makers / owners none of which I'm interested in.

My Search-Fu seems to be totally inadequate so I'm turning to the collective brain trust of INGO. I found threads on INGO that Brad and Knife Lady are authorized dealers so I don't need a source for purchase, if I would buy, it would be from them. From a thread here on INGO I found cubby provided some great info. So I now know the difference between Strider knives and Mick Strider Custom Knives.

Researching on the internet I have found that www.striderknives.com no longer works. So does Strider knives have a different web site? Trying to educate myself on Strider from the more popular knife forums is exhausting and confusing. I would like to find a web site that I could compare models.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    the strider site has been down a bit.

first thing you have to know about strider, or any other maker, is there are lovers and haters. same as cold steal. but you have to take factual info and make your opinions from that.

for the most Strider Knives info and traffic, the Usual Suspect Network has the most. beware: 99% is fanism chatter. but the info and testimonials are there. as well as the knives that fail. becuase there are knives that fail, from EVERY MAKER OR MANUFACTOR. anyone who says different is a liar.

do you have some specific questions on the knives?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm looking for some info on Strider Knives, really a source for information on them. Please I'm not interested in the owners, their backgrounds or their business practices. I found tons of info on the makers / owners none of which I'm interested in.

My Search-Fu seems to be totally inadequate so I'm turning to the collective brain trust of INGO. I found threads on INGO that Brad and Knife Lady are authorized dealers so I don't need a source for purchase, if I would buy, it would be from them. From a thread here on INGO I found cubby provided some great info. So I now know the difference between Strider knives and Mick Strider Custom Knives.

Researching on the internet I have found that www.striderknives.com no longer works. So does Strider knives have a different web site? Trying to educate myself on Strider from the more popular knife forums is exhausting and confusing. I would like to find a web site that I could compare models.

first thing you have to know about strider, or any other maker, is there are lovers and haters. same as cold steal. but you have to take factual info and make your opinions from that.

for the most Strider Knives info and traffic, the Usual Suspect Network has the most. beware: 99% is fanism chatter. but the info and testimonials are there. as well as the knives that fail. becuase there are knives that fail, from EVERY MAKER OR MANUFACTOR. anyone who says different is a liar.

Strider's website has been down for over 3 months now and I don't think it's high on their priority list of things to get done or fix based on the conversations I have had with them. Here is a link to another authorized Strider dealer. These guys are top notch.
    http://www.bluelinegear.com/

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So you just wanna see the different models then? True north knives is a huge strider dealer.

I was really hoping for something like a manufacturers web site. For example when I want to compare models of SOG I go the manufacturers web site. The ESEE web site is another example of a manufacturers site that provides great information and a good place to compare models.

Now that I know the Strider site is not down permanently I guess I can wait for it to come back up. Thanks for the input.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Was that Cold Steel reference a Freudian slip? :D

I don't really have any specific questions as of yet. I was trying to find a source that would easily allow me to compare current models. I'm just curious about Strider and want to check them out. Thanks for the Usual Suspect Network tip.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Got my Strider sng in a trade and sold it one day later. I don't get the hype. It's cool and all but not to justify the price.

At least it was easy to sell. Bad thing is, i gave up a Busse to get it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Got my Strider sng in a trade and sold it one day later. I don't get the hype. It's cool and all but not to justify the price.

At least it was easy to sell. Bad thing is, i gave up a Busse to get it.

honestly the strider craze is the exact same thing as the busse craze. you have fanboys for both. you happen to like busse but there is other folks who would much prefer strider to the them. like stated in the thread earlier check out the usn strider forum.

i love me some strider and busse. both are great knives and can take huge amounts of abuse, have great resale value new and used, both have great warranties and many other amazing talking points. the one major thing that sets strider apart from busse is they also make folders which busse has basically refused to do :)

here is a video showing what striders can do also. and i'm not knocking your affinity for busse or dissatisfaction w/ strider just saying it works all ways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgSOQY4CDk

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    honestly the strider craze is the exact same thing as the busse craze. you have fanboys for both. you happen to like busse but there is other folks who would much prefer strider to the them. like stated in the thread earlier check out the usn strider forum.

i love me some strider and busse. both are great knives and can take huge amounts of abuse, have great resale value new and used, both have great warranties and many other amazing talking points. the one major thing that sets strider apart from busse is they also make folders which busse has basically refused to do :)

here is a video showing what striders can do also. and i'm not knocking your affinity for busse or dissatisfaction w/ strider just saying it works all ways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgSOQY4CDk

^^^^^ I couldn't have said it better! :yesway:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    yeah the destruction video was pretty crazy and he definitely was impressed with the strider. they are great knives but definitely on the pricey side. (though what nice knife isn't anymore?)

Top Bottom