• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ces6508

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Cave Town
    I want to build my first AR. Would like to end up with a flat top varmint style. In look at stripped lowers, I find a very wide range in prices. Should I go with high, low or in the middle? What about brands?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There's 3-4 forging companies that most manufacturers buy from. A manufacturer then cuts, drills, does their roll mark, finishes, etc... The higher cost lowers usually have higher QA/QC. BUT, the last two lowers I bought were PSA and both have gone together perfect. I caught them on sale @ $49 each. I've seen Anderson lowers going for $65 lately.

Pick your favorite roll mark & finish. I don't think you'll go wrong with a: Colt, FN, Noveske, LMT, LWRC, BCA, Spikes, RRA, YHM or even a cheaper PSA, Stag, Doublestar, Anderson, DSA, or DPMS.

Billet lowers (Seekins, Noveske, etc...) start as a big chunks of metal. I'll let someone else comment on those as I've not built any billet lowers.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I'd just get a PSA lower. I've used probably 7 so far and have not had a single issue with any of them. They all lock up tight with the various uppers I've used (both PSA and non). I've yet to see a reason to spend 100+ on a forged lower.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Go billet

Seekins, POF, Mega, Rowe Tactical, AXTS, Quentin Defense, Yankee Hill, Black Rain, etc.

POF, PWS, Noveske, and several others have very forged lowers with very nice fit and finish

Top Bottom