• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Is there anywhere around that's not going to charge me 300 plus dollars for a stripped lower? I'm building another ar and I'm not trying to get ripped off from all the idiots who are buying to re sell.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah I mean I've found complete lowers at a good price but I already have a trigger system. May just buy a complete and sell the trigger system that's in it

Publius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Central IN
    I would recommend signing up for the "email me when in stock" options on sites like RainierArms and similar. If you have it email directly to a text message on your phone and you jump on a PC as soon as you get notified you can still get lowers at pre-panic pricing. I just picked up 2 the other day this way. It took a few weeks of waiting but it was worth it as I paid $109/ea (ARFCOM lowers). Best of luck. There are good deals still if you're diligent and patient.

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    Aero is about as cheap as it gets for "in stock" right now. If you do sign up for in stock notification and can buy it FAST, it is possible to find a better deal. Just depends on how much time you want to spend chasing parts on the internet.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Keisler's in Jeffersonville are selling several different makes at $200 each and they were in stock this past Saturday. They had a stack of Surplus Arms (I think) and they had a DelTon last week at that price.

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    My moms boyfriend ordered one from shadow ops weaponry for 150. The down side is gotta wait a few months for it he said. But bright side is gives him time to wait for upper and just about everything else to calm down price wise

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I bought a couple of RR stripped lowers and one RR lower kit just prior to the panic. Course now can't find any reasonable uppers to buy or even upper components reasonable. Figure it will be a long term project. It is not like I need an AR, have many guns but was thinking of assembling a .450 Bushmaster. May give one of the lowers to my son. He was thinking of assembling another one.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I got off that band wagon a while back. There are other things more important right now than feeding the frenzy. I do enjoy reading the adds of those hoping to catch a fish though.

AlphaRHINO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Evansville
    I think 169 is the cheapest I have seen lately, but then again I am not actively looking so I am sure you could find some at a reasonable cost...just be patient

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I hated to pay 129.00 for a RRA stripped lower. I thought that was way to much. Had it to do over ,I think I would pick it up. Not to resale either. I will just have to do without.

CADDAC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Westfield
    i paid 210 for a lower the other day from a friend. so a bonus there on the private sell i believe. i feel with the circumstances that it was a good buy.(DTI) untouched.

Last edited:

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    I didn't see a price but Indy trading post had prob 10 or more stripped lowers. I'm not in the market so didn't pay much attention to brand etc but they did have quite a few around 4:00 today.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Yeah ITP has had some regular old forged lowers in stock for $200 for a couple weeks now. I think Del-Ton, but not sure. I won't pay that much for one so didn't really look hard.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Once you get the lower, then you will have the same trouble with BCG and then uppers, then lower parts kit,.........

I can't imagin what it costs (more than normal ) to build a gun right now.

Top Bottom