• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Try c-span. It's really turned into a circus. I had to turn it off.
    I also had to eventually turn away. The shenanigans intended to disrupt contentious hearings of this nature are nothing new. You have to see some of the TV footage from Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy's 1954 Army-McCarthy senate hearings and the 3-ring circus those hearings became. Pandering to the cameras and constituencies was rampant.

Trey Gowdy questioning someone is a master at work. There wasn't much new in what I saw that hasn't already been in the press or on the news, if one scans for crumbs of facts around the highly biased news reports. The transcript of the closed-door deposition(s) may be more beneficial. I found absolutely abhorrent and despicable Steve Cohen's (D-Tenn.) remark that Strzok deserved a Purple Heart for his treatment by the committee's aggressive interrogation. That was an egregious insult to the US Armed Forces and in particular, every service member who has received one. Cohen never served a single day in the US Armed Forces making his remark even worse.

That said . . .
    Strzok brought the firestorm upon himself with his voluminous Trump-hating communications with his adulterous lover. I don't have much sympathy for him. I am amazed he retained a TS/SCI security clearance as long as he did after his adulterous relationship came to light. It's one of the clearly enumerated causes for revoking one. TS/SCI: Top Secret clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Information. Examples of other causes are high levels of indebtedness, excessive (legal) gambling, heavy alcohol use, romantic relationship or marriage with a foreign national, and consorting with prostitutes (prostitution is legal in some foreign countries). In a previous life I had to restrict access pending revocation, never a pleasant task. Reason for doing this is someone having something about their life that could be used as leverage by enemy intelligence services to exploit or extort classified information from them. Some investigation of the other party in a serious romantic relationship and a spouse is common as that's another path to potentially extorting classified information. I personally witnessed a clearance temporarily restricted and downgraded after a soldier married a German national during the Cold War until her background was thoroughly investigated. Homosexuality used to be cause for revocation, but today it's a "so what".

Note about SCI Access:
    SCI access requires a Top Secret clearance as a prerequisite. The SCI grants access on a need to know basis to the most sensitive of classified information, much of it intelligence related. It is considered so sensitive that information sets are compartmentalized to prevent one person from having knowledge of an entire related set: access to one "compartment" of it precludes access to any other "compartment". Such a clearance requires the most extensive of background investigations, a SSBI, which can easily require over a year to accomplish.

John

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I also had to eventually turn away. The shenanigans intended to disrupt contentious hearings of this nature are nothing new. You have to see some of the TV footage from Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy's 1954 Army-McCarthy senate hearings and the 3-ring circus those hearings became. Pandering to the cameras and constituencies was rampant.

Trey Gowdy questioning someone is a master at work. There wasn't much new in what I saw that hasn't already been in the press or on the news, if one scans for crumbs of facts around the highly biased news reports. The transcript of the closed-door deposition(s) may be more beneficial. I found absolutely abhorrent and despicable Steve Cohen's (D-Tenn.) remark that Strzok deserved a Purple Heart for his treatment by the committee's aggressive interrogation. That was an egregious insult to the US Armed Forces and in particular, every service member who has received one. Cohen never served a single day in the US Armed Forces making his remark even worse.

That said . . .
    Strzok brought the firestorm upon himself with his voluminous Trump-hating communications with his adulterous lover. I don't have much sympathy for him. I am amazed he retained a TS/SCI security clearance as long as he did after his adulterous relationship came to light. It's one of the clearly enumerated causes for revoking one. TS/SCI: Top Secret clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Information. Examples of other causes are high levels of indebtedness, excessive (legal) gambling, heavy alcohol use, romantic relationship or marriage with a foreign national, and consorting with prostitutes (prostitution is legal in some foreign countries). In a previous life I had to restrict access pending revocation, never a pleasant task. Reason for doing this is someone having something about their life that could be used as leverage by enemy intelligence services to exploit or extort classified information from them. Some investigation of the other party in a serious romantic relationship and a spouse is common as that's another path to potentially extorting classified information. I personally witnessed a clearance temporarily restricted and downgraded after a soldier married a German national during the Cold War until her background was thoroughly investigated. Homosexuality used to be cause for revocation, but today it's a "so what".

Note about SCI Access:
    SCI access requires a Top Secret clearance as a prerequisite. The SCI grants access on a need to know basis to the most sensitive of classified information, much of it intelligence related. It is considered so sensitive that information sets are compartmentalized to prevent one person from having knowledge of an entire related set: access to one "compartment" of it precludes access to any other "compartment". Such a clearance requires the most extensive of background investigations, a SSBI, which can easily require over a year to accomplish.

John
    That is really fascinating that homosexuality used to be grounds for revocation or denial of a security clearance, especially since the CIA actively targeted homosexuals because of their social vulnerability in operations like "Midnight Climax".

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That is really fascinating that homosexuality used to be grounds for revocation or denial of a security clearance, especially since the CIA actively targeted homosexuals because of their social vulnerability in operations like "Midnight Climax".

Midnight Climax was part of MKULTRA, a wider program that engaged in patently illegal activity using LSD and similar drugs on unwitting subjects. The wider objective when MKULTRA began in the 1950's was "mind control" using drugs and other physical and psychological techniques including hypnosis (some of which were abhorrent). The reference quoted above would be a method of luring subjects into documented humiliating sexual situations, sometimes under the influence of psychotropic drugs (like LSD), and then experimenting with that as extortion leverage. The CIA wanted to determine the extent to which the extortion could be used to coerce behavior the subject wouldn't normally engage in.

As one might easily speculate from my posting, I had a TS/SCI for some number of years. Most of the years were during the era in which homosexuality was not allowed in the US Armed Forces. Suspicion of it officially demanded some investigation to determine if it was true. Discovery of it would precipitate an administrative discharge for the convenience of the service. If that were the only reason and service was otherwise untarnished it would be under Honorable Conditions. The threat of quickly ending a military career by exposing it was the leverage hostile intelligence operatives could use for extortion.

The usual method was a "sting" using an under-cover agent to lure the target into a seemingly discreet homosexual encounter that would be recorded. Similar to leveraging on homosexuality, Adultery remains a military crime with "Cohabitation" by definition a "lesser included offense" (i.e. its elements of proof are a subset of those required for Adultery). Either continue to be grounds for immediate security clearance revocation. The last few years of my career spanned the first several years of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" (DADT) era although it had been a "de facto" practice in most commands for some years already. DADT codified it as a "de jure" policy. DADT, which ran from 1994 to some time in 2011, still did not tolerate open homosexuality, but officially tolerated "closeted" homosexuality.

John

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The left has been screaming about the Russians and how they are a problem. Wait, isnt Strzok a Russian surname?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ari Fleischer

@AriFleischer
    Seems to me the headline here should have been the quote cited by Peter Strzok, attributed to a redacted source, saying “The White House is running this”, referring in August 2016 to the opening of the Trump counter-intelligence investigation. https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/strzok-page-texts-trump-russia-investigation-origins/
    Yep, that's the big story in all of this.
    What did Obama know and have his hands into and order.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    WOW!, Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. TOLD, the disgraced traitor of the republic Stzok that he should receive a purple heart for all hes been through.
    This is such a slap in the face. What a dirtbag. I hope people are calling and emailing his office left and right until he gives an apology for this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WOW!, Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. TOLD, the disgraced traitor of the republic Stzok that he should receive a purple heart for all hes been through.
    This is such a slap in the face. What a dirtbag. I hope people are calling and emailing his office left and right until he gives an apology for this.
    I'll take, "Should be kicked in the nads" for $1,000, Alex

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    2dx62h.jpg

Who are all the people sitting behind him?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's a chicken or the egg question: Are sanctimonious narcissistic psychopaths drawn to Washington DC, or do they become those things after being in Washington DC too long?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I would think #1 or those who lean that way and are easily swayed. That place is a cesspool.
    My experience with DC-dwellers is limited to DoD. Most of the Civvies I knew were staffers and were good people. The level of arrogance exhibited by these people is staggering. The IRS pukes a few years back, many others like Marie Harf. Hell Mahatma Gandhi would've throat-punched her.

Top Bottom