• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you agree with criminal charges in this case?

• Total voters

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think the issue is probably WHO's daughter wound up on that list.

I think he should have some punishment via the school ie suspension for circulating something like that but to get ARRESTED? really now?

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    The guys and I always talked about who we would? and who we wouldnt? Glad nobody wrote it down:rolleyes: Maybe the parents of these girls should wonder why they made it on the list. Oh wait it was on there LOL!!!:laugh:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Elizabeth Himelick??????????????

Seems like the suspension would have been sufficient but to arrest him and then transfer him to a school for troubled kids seems a bit excessive. :twocents:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Geez, what a load of fertilizer! If I was arrested for every bad thought I ever had as a hormone crazed teen boy, I'd be doing concurrent life sentances.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    So what was already probably being discussed in school got wrote down by someone and he gets arrested for disrespectful comments. Half of my school would have been arrested if all the notes passed around were read by the administration.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What the heck is wrong with you guys? We must do anything to protect the children of this country. There is an epidemic of suicides going on across this country, much of it due to things posted on Facebook.If we can't shutdown or censor FB then we are left arresting these predators for what they post.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    What the heck is wrong with you guys? We must do anything to protect the children of this country. There is an epidemic of suicides going on across this country, much of it due to things posted on Facebook.If we can't shutdown or censor FB then we are left with installing self confidence and teaching our children how to behave properly and deal with rejection.

Fify

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    It does seem that the punishment doesnt fit the crime. If the school had dealt with this in house, and not involved outside authorities, it would have been more understandable.
    It seems that schools today are becoming less interested in developing young minds, and more interested in making the news and letting the police deal with the children.
    Parents and teachers used to deal with kids, and we didnt have kids stabbing and shooting each other. Today the parents leave parenting to teachers, and the school leaves discipline to the police.
    Kinda seems that had his parents raised him to be a little more respectful, he wouldn't be in this pickle.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Apparently, one parent thinks it wasn't enough though:

"Dale Jones, father of one of the girls, said while he welcomed the arrest, he was concerned that a disorderly conduct charge was not serious enough of a response for a “very serious offense that affected many people.”
    Still, he said, “I’m gratified that the investigation continued, and that charges are being filed. I’m hopeful they consider additional charges as they gather more evidence.”

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    What the heck is wrong with you guys? We must do anything to protect the children of this country. There is an epidemic of suicides going on across this country, much of it due to things posted on Facebook.If we can't shutdown or censor FB then we are left arresting these predators for what they post.

Nonsense. Children should be protected from rejection. Why do you think we give them all trophies in contests?

My sarcasm meter just exploded.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Yeah, I think I failed on the second post though. It was not veiled enough. I think the first post by itself would have gotten some of the dim bulb club upset.

The worst part is that there are folks that actually believe that donkeydust.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think the issue is probably WHO's daughter wound up on that list.

I think he should have some punishment via the school ie suspension for circulating something like that but to get ARRESTED? really now?

I agree with the first sentence, but not with the second. Unless he posted it on facebook on a school computer. If he did it at home, why should he be punished? That would be like a school expelling a student for having a firearm for going hunting or target shooting on the weekend.

Top Bottom