44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I may be justifying their actions .. but a vacation after a traumatic incident doesn't sound too bad to me. That and we never know if the assailant may have friends or siblings that may be looking for retribution. So a mandatory cool off period for all parties involved doesn't seem to horrible. I mean its a few days of suspension, it's not like the good kids were expelled or brought up on legal charges.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Will be interesting to see how the story plays out and hope for the best for the kids who stopped the incident. How come the school didn't find the gun on the student durning the school day?

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Society wants to whimp males down. We are taking away the born in protective drive away from our young men. You can't have heroes anymore. Heroes in cases like this are not politically correct. Now had the kid with the gun just bullied someone without the presence of the gun he would get a year expulsion and those reporting (note I said reporting and not taking action) would then be hailed good citizens. Just a thought.

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    it's at every level of society now. like the DHS campaign, "if you see something 'say' something." pathetic. you better not get involved, you should leave it to the gov't "experts."

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Ridiculous, if it had been my son, the school principal and School Board members would be receiving a summons to a court action from my attorney very soon. Hopefully the people responsible for this travesty will be held responsible and fired from their positions. I just saw on Fox news this morning an elementary student had been suspended for biting out parts of a pastry making it in the shape of a gun! These idiots teachers and administrators should be committed to a mental institution, not allowed in public, let alone be hired to teach our young.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Its sad that when your kids are young and starting to learn we do everything we can to teach them. Then they get into the school system and they do everything to brainwash them and dumb them down.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I may be justifying their actions .. but a vacation after a traumatic incident doesn't sound too bad to me. That and we never know if the assailant may have friends or siblings that may be looking for retribution. So a mandatory cool off period for all parties involved doesn't seem to horrible. I mean its a few days of suspension, it's not like the good kids were expelled or brought up on legal charges.
    Maybe a few days off, but Suspension stays on your school record and would you want to have to explain it to a prospective college ?

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Maybe a few days off, but Suspension stays on your school record and would you want to have to explain it to a prospective college ?

Ive always heard of this "permanent record" but all my life I've never had anyone say .. "we see here in your schools permanent records, that yo got into trouble in the 10th grade, why was that?" Maybe if youre looking at Ivy League schools .. but if you're going to a college like that, i'd assume youre families lawyers would be able to wipe this small blemish from your records with little effort. Not that I agree with the wording of suspension, maybe call it a "mandatory cool off period" or something with less negative connotations.

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    What I take away from the article is that they were "all" part of the original altercation. Meaning they were going to kick his a** and he turned the tables on them by pilling his gat. If that is the case I can agree that they "all" get disciplined. However if the article would have indicated that "a student, sitting three rows away, saw the gun and promptly sprung into action". I would have a different opinion of the outcome. My bet is that sadly, they will all have additional run ins with the law in very near the future...

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    What I take away from the article is that they were "all" part of the original altercation. Meaning they were going to kick his a** and he turned the tables on them by pilling his gat. If that is the case I can agree that they "all" get disciplined. However if the article would have indicated that "a student, sitting three rows away, saw the gun and promptly sprung into action". I would have a different opinion of the outcome. My bet is that sadly, they will all have additional run ins with the law in very near the future...

YES, they were all about to start throwing punches until this kid pulled his gun. Why were the "heroes" in an altercation in the first place? What are the odds that they were the bullies and this kid had enough and brought his daddy's .22 to defend himself? Or they were all equally guilty, or the incident went down as described?

I don't see enough information in the article to indicate the whole story....maybe we'll get it, maybe we won't, but there sure are a lot of questions involving this entire situation.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Earlier this week a kid got suspended for eating poptart into the general shape of a gun. Brainwashing at its best.

Top Bottom