• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I'm just glad they are monitoring FB for blatant signs of disrespect within their schools, that might involve their students. FB is such a good thing, this kid could be violent. FB gives the school a resource to identify these probelms. Maybe I can get a job with the school district monitoring the students FB posts. Next stupid comment I have is, who found it and how?
    Take the internet from your kids! they don't need it anyways.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Actually, from a legal standpoint, the school can only take disciplinary action if it created a disruption in school. Unless it reaches that point, we usually just work with the parents to solve the problem. Most often, they take care of it.

Having said that, you would be amazed at the disruption something like this can create within a school. Part of the problem is that the bantering on FB grows and festers before somebody notices and reports it. We certainly don't have time in school to monitor what kids do on there. That is the parents' job. Unfortunately, all parents tell me they monitor their kids' FB pages. Bull. A few do, most don't take the time.

The truth is that most kids are respectful, and some are not. The ones that are not, in my opinion, are no nastier than they've ever been. They just have more ways to communicate, including FB, Xbox Live, etc. I knew some nasty suckers when I was a kid. My dad was born in 1925, and he said the same thing. Good thing they didn't have modern ways to spread the filth.

Btw, a wonderful 7th grade girl last week wrote me a letter. She wanted to help, on a daily basis, an autistic boy who occasionally has horrible panic attacks. It was the sweetest, most caring, and most eloquent letter I've ever seen from a child her age. I was deeply moved by it. She won't get her own thread on Ingo, and she won't make the news. She's the kind of kid who improves everyone who comes into contact with her.

Top Bottom