• ...and so much more!
  • DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    Ladies and Gents of INGO,

Next week 3/30 - 4/3 will be our National Empty Holster Protest. Please wear an empty holster in support of students and faculties right to self defense on campus! This will be held at hundreds of universities across the nation!

SCC members are protesting college polices and/or state laws that disarm law-abiding citizens who are legally permitted to carry a concealed firearm in hundreds of other locations in their respective states. Since criminals do not honor rules against firearms, these dangerous policies stack the odds against students and in favor of criminals. The empty holster is a token symbolizing that disarming all law-abiding citizens creates defense-free zone which are attractive targets to a for criminals.

We ask first of all that for anyone who will be participating in the protest to wear a holster that is 100% Visible. We don't want to have a holster that is empty to be misconstrued as having a firearm in it.

We also ask that you not put anything in the holster. We have had several instances of people putting cell phones or even in one case a banana. As much as we value finding and having access to a valid source of potassium we don't want anything that could obstruct the view of the empty holster.

If you have any questions regarding the protest, please contact our State Director, Aj Ingle with any questions at StateDirector.indianascc@gmail.com.

http://concealedcampus.org/empty-holster-protest/

Last edited:

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    Don't get me wrong, I do support your cause however, I won't be walking anywhere with an empty holster, there will be as always, a gun in it. Good luck!

Hey if you can carry in your daily life, go for it. That's what we want for our college students and faculty/staff too, but for them they face huge administrative consequences should they be caught on campus legally carrying their firearm.

It's unfortunate that people who have licenses to carry in Indiana are barred from doing so by administrative policies that really have no basis in anything other than a 'feel good' measure for those who don't understand the issue.

Last edited:

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I'd do it, but I'd probably be the only one on my campus rendering the action largely unnoticed... or on the other hand, knowing my University I'd probably end up getting harrassed by PD due to "scared students".
    I graduate in less than 2 months, I'm happy I'll never have to worry about getting in trouble carrying on campus. My university is private, so it's their decisions I guess, but I feel for those who go to public campuses, I feel naked at school =/.

Top Bottom