• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    So, I am on WTHR reading the news and read the story about the shooting on crazy street. When I see a comment at the bottom of the page that I just could not help but dispute. Now, I could care less about the "Thumbs down" or whatever. What I am severely annoyed by is the general public's stance on my right to oritect myself. I took this screen capture to show what I am talking about...
    Untitled.jpg

Obviously I am "Jas". I just cant believe so many people would take the side of a person with such irrational thinking and who lives in the "Guns are bad, MMMMMMMMKAAAAAAAAY" frame of mind.

No, it isnt a big deal and I realize it certainly isnt any new development. Just thought it was worth sharing.

:soapbox:

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I would have responded that eddie d is probably a nut job for wanting to whip out a gun for getting bumped at the bar and that it sounds like he has anger issues. He set himself up good and you missed it :(

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I would have responded that eddie d is probably a nut job for wanting to whip out a gun for getting bumped at the bar and that it sounds like he has anger issues. He set himself up good and you missed it :(

This. Eddie D isn't worried about you. He knows if he were carrying, he'd be drawing down over any offense, however minor. That's the common thread among the anti-gunners.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    This. Eddie D isn't worried about you. He knows if he were carrying, he'd be drawing down over any offense, however minor. That's the common thread among the anti-gunners.

I almost wonder which hand would be worse holding a gun, a criminal's or someone with that poor of a mentality. Guns don't scare me, idiots do.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I always found, even when I was younger and stupider, that having a gun on my hip caused me to be even more careful about entering into conflicts. I never thought "I've got a gun, I can take care of this", I always though "if this escalates and I have to use my gun, I've got to deal with all that mess."

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I always found, even when I was younger and stupider, that having a gun on my hip caused me to be even more careful about entering into conflicts. I never thought "I've got a gun, I can take care of this", I always though "if this escalates and I have to use my gun, I've got to deal with all that mess."

Right, when I am armed I think about my actions, words, and reactions more so than I do if I'm not armed. At least I'd like to think so :):

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

Excellent comment, you're exactly right.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Eddie D is a brainwashed turd. He has been watching too much television (the media, of course, is admittedly brainwashing people to believe all sorts of things). I've carried a gun in a bar a thousand times. It's never left its holster. Not once. Of course, on the rare occasion where I plan to overindulge, the pistol stays at home.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    i was a lot more hot headed before i started carrying, now, nothing is hardly worth getting into a possible life or death altercation over.
    You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Having the ability and the means to take another human life taught me self discipline and discretion.
    If you discharge your weapon there is no turning back.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Everyone is capable of temperance even when severely trashed. If someone blames alcohol for discharging over a bump at the bar, they're just making up excuses and have personality problems bigger than their impending legal issues.

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN

+1
    Well said.

Top Bottom