• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I checked on Midway today to see if they had gotten in any thing that I needed. They did it was a DPMS flat top upper. I went into town and moved some money on to a card so I could buy the thing. By the time I got back home it was out of stock.

That to me is just plain odd. How many did they get in? Did they get in 10, 5 or less?

You talk about stuff going fast that just beats all. I keep hearing that things are getting better. You couldn't prove it to me.

Still can't find any 22 LR or 223 any place that I know of that isn't over priced. Our Wally World don't sell ammo any more. I keep asking and they keep telling me that they don't have any. I asked when it will come in and I am told that they don't know. I think that the &^*%%$ running the gun department is selling it on the net. I talked with a couple of people and I was told by one that I just wasn't in the click. I asked if he was and he said no he couldn't buy any either. He said that only the guys friends could buy it.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    This honestly made me laugh, you went to town to move funds around and expected for it to be in stock when you got back. It's been rough man, BCG's are selling out in seconds!

I have been buying ALL my ammo @ Wal-Mart, just have to be patient.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've heard of that problem at other retail stores too. Employees either squirreling ammo and supplies back for themselves or their friends to keep or sell online.

I still don't understand why it is still happening. I've watched thousands of rounds of 9mm and .380 sell out in minutes at prices I would have never considered spending...and still won't. It's a shame too, I've got a couple of trips to the range coming up in a few weeks that I've looked forward to for quite a while.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I thought I was lucky to find any ammo at Walmart. I found 50 round boxes of .40 S&W FMJ at 18.97 a box. That's only twice what it cost before the current increase.

Crazy!

valmoth

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't even bother going to Walmart anymore. Empty shelves at every turn. My personal strategy is to dip into my reserves until the supply/demand curve normalizes.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I was in Bass Pro in Portage today. No 22 or 223, no evil black rifles. The 3 pistol display cases have 4 rows each and the top rows weren't full, the bottom 3 were empty. Almost all the handguns were either revolvers or expensive 1911s. I bought a shirt and an ammo box that I'm gonna use as a humidor since I have no ammo to put in it. I'm thinking a reloader might be in order.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    many items have sellout times that can be measured in minutes

Which is better than not stocked at all. I watch gunbot for ammo. It is usually high but every once in a while you see pre-panic prices. It goes fast so set up an account ahead of time. I was able to get .22lr this way.

Good luck and be patient, this cannot last forever.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Check walmart Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Check freedommunitions Monday's at 2:00. Be ready I watched 75k yes 75 thousand rounds sell in less than 10 minutes yesterday on freedoms website.

Last edited:

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was in Bass Pro in Portage today. No 22 or 223, no evil black rifles. The 3 pistol display cases have 4 rows each and the top rows weren't full, the bottom 3 were empty. Almost all the handguns were either revolvers or expensive 1911s. I bought a shirt and an ammo box that I'm gonna use as a humidor since I have no ammo to put in it. I'm thinking a reloader might be in order.

Good luck, components aren't any easier to come by.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

I'd wait a bit on that too, although I would encourage you to begin reloading. Right now there are very few components for reloading to be found - just like some ammo. No primers anywhere at reasonable prices - no .224 (5.56) projectiles and little powder.

I and my son are very fortunate in that we stock a LOT of both ammo and components - and we cast almost all handgun and can cast some rifle bullets. We have been buying for many years - when items are on sale or reasonable priced. So we have enough ammo and components for a few years before running out. We are buying very little right now. (bought a few bullets at reasonable prices at GS's) We can and will wait till prices go back to normal.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    many items have sellout times that can be measured in minutes

Not sure if it is for this item, but many people sign up for notifications. Once they get an email saying something is in, they buy it and or post on their favorite gun themed message board. "Such and such in stock, here's the link"

2 minutes later it's gone.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just happened to check Midway a couple of days ago and they had some Corbon DPX 380 acp in stock so I ordered a couple of boxes. I prefer it for carry. It is now sold out.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I thought I was lucky to find any ammo at Walmart. I found 50 round boxes of .40 S&W FMJ at 18.97 a box. That's only twice what it cost before the current increase.

Crazy!

Were they steel? I've NEVER found brass .40 for 10 bucks per 50 round since i've been shooting. Granted its only been since around the time i joined this forum but still....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not sure if it is for this item, but many people sign up for notifications. Once they get an email saying something is in, they buy it and or post on their favorite gun themed message board. "Such and such in stock, here's the link"

2 minutes later it's gone.

I talked to a rep there and they said that when they send the notifications out, they usually sell out in a few minutes.

BTW, a rep for Midway. They filled one of my back orders and the shipping was more than the item. I said something to them about not being too happy that I paid $15 for a $7 item and they gave me $5 in Midway credit. That is nice customer service!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Buckshot in Winchester had PMC for 13.00 a box today. Bear for 12.00. I was glad to see it and a few other brands on the shelf, but at 12 and 13 bucks a box, I allowed them to keep it. They did have a couple of EBRs on the shelf, too. Didn't inquire as to the price of those, just glad to see them.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I thought the upper went fast. I got up today and had an E-mail about an 80% lower being in stock and they were sold out by the time I got on the site.

Now understand that I logged off last night at 11:30. No E-mail then. I checked my E-mail when I got up at 6:30 and wet to the site. They were sold out. I didn't even get a chance to buy it. This is just getting ridiculous. Rather this is ridiculous. I may just give up on trying to get stuff till this stops.

You all have a great day and I hope you have better luck than I am getting stuff.

Jest got an E-mail from them and they said that all stock went in 10 minutes.

Last edited:

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Many (most?) companies offer email notification if/when an out-of-stock item ever becomes available. Have your cart loaded with the items you want and be ready to act as soon as you receive notification. The time saved inputting info will put you further ahead in the e-line.

Top Bottom