• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    I'm looking to see what the consensus is on the pointless crackling of those stun gun/taser things that some of the vendors like to set off. does that noise make anyone else jumpy? i absolutely hate that sound, especially when its not announced. what say you, ingo? annoying or not?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Think the crackling is designed into the unit specifically to make people jumpy. It's kind of the point of those things to hold it out in front of you and activate it so that it scares off the bad guy. There is no reason such a device needs to make any noise at all to operate as intended, except for psychological effect.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I agree with rockhopper46038 it is designed to make the noise. As far as hearing it at the show I just ignore it.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    yeah, i get that it is supposed to be intimidating. i mean its a god awful turnoff to me to hear that crap constantly going off. am I the only one who hates it? it makes me want to avoid their booth, not go and purchase anything of theirs.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Think the crackling is designed into the unit specifically to make people jumpy. It's kind of the point of those things to hold it out in front of you and activate it so that it scares off the bad guy. There is no reason such a device needs to make any noise at all to operate as intended, except for psychological effect.

The noise is made by the Electrical Stream (ARC) ionizing the Air ...

Similar in effect to Thunder & Lighting ... but on a smaller scale

You will hear a similar noise when you shuffle your feet across the carpet and touch a metal doorknob ... although the duration is very short

Top Bottom