• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Ok I'm sure I will get clowned about asking but I really can't find the answer anywhere.

The last time I went to the 1500, circa 1992, they checked your carry weapon at the door and put a zip tie through the barrel so it was not functional.

Do they still do this or is carrying at the show not allowed?

I don't want to have any issues.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    They ask if you have any firearms. I have always taken my carry pistol in with me (unloaded before handing to the officer) and let them zip-tie it. I wouldn't leave it in the car, I have heard of too many cars getting broken into.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    My question is; why?? has there been a shooting at a 1500 before?? should they or not, be able to zip tie your guns??

They probably don't want any boneheads taking out there loaded carry pistol to try and sell, test a holster, etc.

But, concealed means concealed.....

YMMV

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    I went last night. Nothing has changed, and they were very professional and polite.

I had so many fire arms pointed at me (not intentional I think, lol) last night, I was glad to see the plastic wire tie.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I went last night. Nothing has changed, and they were very professional and polite.

I had so many fire arms pointed at me (not intentional I think, lol) last night, I was glad to see the plastic wire tie.

No joke! A buddy and his girlfriend went with me. He has a few guns, and she is totally new to them. Neither has been to the 1500 before, so I told them what to expect (e.g. a thousand guns pointed at you).

She made a funny comment about how everyone seemed really polite to each other, even though it was so crowded. It took her a second to figure out why.

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    can anyone direct me to the law on loaded weapons for personal protection at gunshows?
    Like where it says you have to unload your personal weapon and render it inoperable with a nylon strap. there are a lot of questions on this that I have heard from others and I dont have an answer.
    I just tell people its the promoters rules at the show for safety. Thats all I can tell em.
    as far as i know CCW or as Indianas licence says(Licence to carry Handgun),means what it says. Doesnt say unloaded for saftey.
    Any Legal clareification out there from a LEO or Lawyer or Gunshow Promoter?

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    :twocents: I am not a lawyer.or a leo and i slept in my own bed last night but i think this simple and has been kicked around here alot !

IMO- its is simple gun show promoter rent space it makes it Their Property so its their rules play by them or leave !??

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    When I went to the Muncie show the officer there wanted to see an empty mag as well. I went to the 1500 with an empty mag that I swapped out in my truck. That way I was safe for them and didn't have to fumble with rounds when I got out of there. I had two full mags on my hip, so all was still good.

I don't feel that it is a bad rule. There are a lot of people in a small area with firearms. Just because you own one doesn't mean you know how to be safe with it.

Would rather have the inconvenience of an unloaded firearm while feeling safer around some of the obvious idiots walking around there.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    A show or two back someone "A DEALER" Dropped his judge. I heard and it went off and shot a lady and a man in the side and leg.It was on a friday or saturday before the doors opened.The dood running the show said on the speaker"this did not happen". I was told this by a dealer that was there when this happened.All dealers must be exempt from checking their guns....Nothing in the newspaper.All quiet.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    Just as the August show was about to open a dealer AD'd a colt SAA which had a shot cartridge in it. Another exhibitor's wife across the aisle was hit with a pellet in the leg from the round. Minor injury, taken to hospital as a precaution. Could have been a very serious accident as are all these incidents The dealer at fault was removed from the show and banned for life. The dealer was an old gentleman who is very sick with a terminal illness, not an excuse. This is an example of people thinking they are so smart they can do things that are prohibited because it's their right to do as they please. "It won't happen to me! Just other people have to follow the rules!!" I had one fool pull a loaded gun from his pocket and hand it to me without saying it was loaded to see if I had a holster to fit it. Found out later he had come thru the door, had the gun checked out and tie-wrapped, went straight to the restroom cut the tie-wrap off, loaded the gun and put it in his pocket. Dealers are not exempt from checking their guns and should check all guns that are given back to them after people have handled them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom