• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I already own a Sig P229 in 40 that I'm in the process of converting to 9mm. I was tired of waiting on bar-sto to get the barrels back in stock, so I went and bought a 229 in 9mm. I don't know why, I just had to have this pistol. Now I'm kicking myself because I should have bought something else. It's one of the newer ones with the rail(which I don't like) but it did come with night sights and I got a really good deal on it. I know I'll get hosed if I take it back and try to trade it for something else. The gunbroker crowd always wants you to just give it away so that's not an option. I don't have 50 posts nor do I do paypal so I can't become a supporter and put it in the classifieds. I guess I can send in a check but I don't want to wait that long. :wallbash::wallbash:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Um dude. You only need three more posts. There are hundreds of threads that you could give three decent opinions in.

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    Thanks, I just saw that. I get tunnel vision sometimes. I also need to stop going to the gunstore on my days off. Nothing but trouble at those places for me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll help you out...
    Why don't you like the rail? Looks? Usability?
    Answer this and my steel vs brass in general firearms and you're all set. ;)

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I just prefer the classic look of a rail-less Sig. This piece has the potential for being carried and I'm not going to carry it with a light. With that being said I do have a light on my dedicated "home" gun and 14 rounds of 45 acp. Thanks! now it's time to put it in the classifieds.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just don't get why the purchase was made in the first place. It does'nt appear to be like a blind purchase that he was'nt aware that it had a rail on it, and as far as being able to carry it you still can, nothing says you have to mount a light on it and if I can remember correctly it came with night sights. But all that being said I guess pretty much most people can look back at an impulse buy at some point in time (myself included) and say later.. What the heck was I thinking?

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I would keep it and not convert the other. then you have a 9, 40 and 45. some room of the house needs a gun right? Or maybe your wife could use it with a light as her home defense gun?

Top Bottom