• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    12 years ago my wife thought it would be a great idea to get one of those rescue dogs. At first I was on board. I mean I can see myself with a majestic shepherd or a loyal lab. But when she came home with this 12 pound lil chihuahua, well I was out. I told her that it was "her" dog. After all, you can't expect a manly man to walk around holding a purse that poops! I mean yeah it would sit on my lap every so often. And of course I would feed it bits of my ham sammiches. That didn't mean I liked it. And so what if I sometime took the lil SOB to PetSmart to buy it a toy or two. That doesn't mean anything. I spent the last 12 years telling myself that Chewy was her dog. That it was just in my way, that's why I would hold him, cause he was always under my feet. When he started getting old sure I bought him a doggy carriage to push him around in. Doesn't mean a damn thing. Until tonight. When we found him snuggled under his favorite blanket, not moving. Not breathing. Not being that lil pain in my ass. Everything changed. Somehow I lost my dog, somehow I lost my buddy. My wife is devastated. I drove all night to our Michigan house to bury Chewy in the back yard. I'm not sure how it happens. How this stupid little dog that I really didn't want, how it ended up snuggled in my heart. I don't cry much, but tonight I had a good one. That stupid little dog is going to be missed. RIP Chewy.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So, so sorry to hear this, SD1. I know that pain.

RIP, little Chewy. I happen to know you were very much loved, no matter how tough your daddy talks.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Yes.. To all above. You are OKAY! Sorry for your loss. Sounds like your buddy had a great life. Count your blessings you didn't have to watch him suffer. Blessings. Tim

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    So sorry for your loss, I have one of those stupid little dogs. My girlfriend at the time wanted him, I said no. Then I paid 250 for him for her. When she left she couldn't take him then a month later wanted him I said nope I'm to attached at this point little booger rides the mower with me my Harley goes fishing every time in the boat loves fourwheelers. He is a pain in my a** but I wouldn't trade him for anything.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Condolences for your loss. We too, have a little foo-foo dog that the daughter wanted. Daughter moved away to college but we still have the dog. It is a pain at times but is still a big part of the family. We take it on vacation and road trips. Gets along with the six cats. Will be a very sad day when it is gone.

On a funny note and I hope this is appropriate. My Sister lives out West, and has a brood of chihuahuas. Her house has a built in swimming pool and the dogs have a gated pen on the patio. One afternoon, she discovered one of them drowned in the pool. Tragic loss and is overcome with emotion. So overwhelmed that she cannot bring herself to get the dog out of the pool. Called the Fire Department and gives a blubbering emotional description to the dispatcher between sobs. They respond with a Rescue truck, a Water Rescue Truck, Sheriff, and News Helicopter overhead. Years later we laugh about it. She is a very loving person and just a few french fries short of a Happy Meal.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm sorry to hear this. Pets have a way of forcing their way in, for sure.

I lost my cat in January. I had her for almost 19 years. Rescued her from the street as a kitten.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry for your loss SD. When I first met DoggyMama, she had a little chihuahua that was already 11 years old at the time. She hated almost everyone, but for some reason, took to me right away. She was over 21 years old when we finally had to have her put down a couple of years ago and it was tough. She turned out to be a great little camping dog up until she was almost blind. We would leave her at camp when we'd go out on the boat sometimes, and one time came back to find she had wandered off. Fortunately I found her footprints along the shore of the lake and tracked her down probably a good quarter mile down the shore from camp. She just didn't know how to find her way back.

Top Bottom