• ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Ok, I might get bashed for this one...

I have a pistol with a silver stainless slide. I was wondering if I could have designs engraved on the slide without harming the gun. This was my first ever handgun and I intend to keep it for the rest of my life. I just wanted to customize it . I don't know if this is possible without damaging the gun.

Before I get a bunch of hate mail, I understand to some, this might be like putting a in dash dvd player in a 50's model Cadillac, but it is mine and I will never get rid of it!!:D

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Hell yeah customize it.
    It's yours make it unique.
    I'm not sure where you could go and get it engraved though.
    Maybe look into laser engraving. Post pics when you get it.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It will not hurt the gun at all. Just make sure you do some research so that you get quality work done before selecting someone to do it.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Very glad to hear the positive responses!!! I planned on just taking the gun apart and simply taking the slide in alone to somewhere. I guess my next question would be, does anyone know a place that does HIGH QUALITY WORK in this field? I am willing to pay top dollar to get the job done right!! I will be on Google all day now trying to find someone!!

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    As a handful of old teachers throughout my schooling years told me, "There is no stupid question".

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Laser etching is not going to hurt the gun. In fact several guns out there already have it made that way.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What kind of gun is it?!?!?!?!

And beware: Paying top dollar from a master engraver IS VERY EXPENSIVE. And the wait-time is lengthy. I believe there's a master engraver in the Evansville area? Maybe it was Ft. Wayne? I do remember from a previous thread that there is a top notch feller in Indiana, I just can't remember his name nor where he's located.

-J-

JCAJR30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Union County
    You can buy in bulk and have company/organizational information inscribed... 76th Infantry Brigade had Sig 220Rs done with unit crest and OIF campaign... you could opt for gold inlay, the whole nine yards. These were done by Sig, so you might consider checking with the OEM to see if they have a source.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    What kind of gun is it?!?!?!?!

And beware: Paying top dollar from a master engraver IS VERY EXPENSIVE. And the wait-time is lengthy. I believe there's a master engraver in the Evansville area? Maybe it was Ft. Wayne? I do remember from a previous thread that there is a top notch feller in Indiana, I just can't remember his name nor where he's located.

-J-

It is a Ruger SR40. I love the gun to death!! The price is worth the quality work. It will be in my collection forever!! I have 2, going to keep the original for myself. Thanks for the info!!

Top Bottom