• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I once caught my friend Kenny pouring windshield washer fluid into his radiator fill cap... I don't think he got TOO much in there before I stopped him. To my knowledge it didn't cause any issues with his car. Thankfully. He and his family were on a shoestring budget anyhow - I'm certain they couldn't have afforded any kind of major car repair/replacement. And that was in the late 90s/early 2000s when used cars were still plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

Thankfully I've managed to not put any incorrect fluids into my vehicles - though I ALMOST put pre-mixed GM-Specific orange coolant into my radiator. I just grabbed the wrong container of pre-mix off the shelf. I'd already punctured the foil seal when I realized my mistake. Couldn't return it. So if anyone in Greenwood wants it...let me know.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I found a diesel pump that fit in my car two months ago. I was confused when I couldn't find the octane selection buttons. Then I realized it. Whew.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I once caught my friend Kenny pouring windshield washer fluid into his radiator fill cap... I don't think he got TOO much in there before I stopped him. To my knowledge it didn't cause any issues with his car. Thankfully. He and his family were on a shoestring budget anyhow - I'm certain they couldn't have afforded any kind of major car repair/replacement. And that was in the late 90s/early 2000s when used cars were still plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

Thankfully I've managed to not put any incorrect fluids into my vehicles - though I ALMOST put pre-mixed GM-Specific orange coolant into my radiator. I just grabbed the wrong container of pre-mix off the shelf. I'd already punctured the foil seal when I realized my mistake. Couldn't return it. So if anyone in Greenwood wants it...let me know.

1. I have read where windshield washer fluid in the readiator isn't a big deal.
    2. Drain the radiator and fill it back up.
    3. Even if you have driven it, I read where you really have only diluted the mix, since the washer fluid is mostly water, but I wonder today with the additives for bugs and the like whether it would eat away of any gaskets, but if the washer fluid is safe for your paint, I don't see the harm.
    4. Of course, this is coming from an idiot. :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you work on anything to any extent you will have some story's.
    My spouse was trying to learn her way around under the hood and in he zeal put auto trans fluid in the master cylinder. The brakes started acting very weird and when I investigated I found a strange mixture of goo in the reservoir. She then admitted to her mistake. I might have saved the master cylinder had she told me.....:dunno:

SIL bought a 280-Z Datsun. Turbo car. She is basically an idiot and I knew there would be issues.
    She brought it over 6 months into owning it. Engine was doing some strange ****. I pulled the dipstick and it was way to full and icky milky. I drained the pan and there was a gallon or more of liquid in the oil. Inquiring what she had done she stated she had filled the washer reservoir. I asked where she had done this. She pointed to the oil fill cap. I did mention she was an idiot. Yes, we put a new engine in it a week later.

1. Oh, that hurts!
    2. I did not laugh; it's only funny when no foul, no harm!
    3. I'm still cringing; I am so upset I think I might have to go home from work. :laugh:
    4. OK, my break is over, I'll just get back to work!

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I found a diesel pump that fit in my car two months ago. I was confused when I couldn't find the octane selection buttons. Then I realized it. Whew.

I may or may not have had the same thing in my years of driving.
    WTF I hit the 87 octane and this damn nozzle doesn't fit.

The Speedway station near my work makes you confirm your vehicle is flex fuel compatible before it will let you pump E85. Not a big fan of E85, but it is cheap and the car is flex fuel compatible. All he lawn equipment gets the expensive ethanol free fuel from Country Mark.

Top Bottom