• ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Stutzman sponsors gun-carry bill | The Journal Gazette

Rep. Marlin Stutzman, R-3rd, announced Wednesday he has introduced legislation to allow people to carry concealed guns across state lines.
    Under Stutzman’s bill, the Respecting States’ Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, someone with a concealed-carry permit issued by one state could carry his weapon in all other states that allow concealed firearms.

-rvb

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    In contrast to all of the garbage I have seen labeled as "common sense gun laws", this one, it seems, would actually qualify. Wonder if it will get any serious attention.

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    Unfortunately, Senator Brent Waltz told us at the Personal Safety meeting that national reciprocity is pretty much a dead in the water topic and said it's extremely unlikely to pass anytime in the foreseeable future.

With that said, any "compromise" bill should gain us something and this I think is one of the holy grails we've been after for a long time. A compromise is not just giving on our side.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Unfortunately, Senator Brent Waltz told us at the Personal Safety meeting that national reciprocity is pretty much a dead in the water topic and said it's extremely unlikely to pass anytime in the foreseeable future.

With that said, any "compromise" bill should gain us something and this I think is one of the holy grails we've been after for a long time. A compromise is not just giving on our side.

If I've learned anything from watching the gun-grabber movement over the last decade+, it's that you have to be persistent, gain ground with little nibbles not big bites, and wait for the opportune moments. Even knowing it may be DOA, good on Stutzman for putting it out there.

-rvb

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I agree. And I hope that it's something we can get. And if there's ever a chance to get it, now is the time since we're being asked to compromise and the UBC is the likely "give" from us (whether we want it or not), so we should have them "give" us national reciprocity.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Last time national reciprocity came around it lost by two votes in the Senate and our wonderful X-senator Lugar was the only R that voted against it. Could be a big part of the reason he's gone.

Reciprocity passed the house again in 2011 and went to the Senate where it has just died. Can't even get it looked at. Best defense is a good offense. Reciprocity has to keep coming back or we'll never get it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

Emphasis added - not sure what part that a State Senator would have in something going on as part of the US Congress...

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Man that would be so nice to carry in Ohio! Would IL allow us to carry under this since they dont allow conceal carry?

That would be a no. National Reciprocity still requires you obey the laws of each state. Until Illinois passes a carry law no licenses may be reciprocated.

Unless they don't get their new law passed within that 180 days from whenever that judge made that ruling... you know the one I'm talking about? They have a deadline by which to pass a law allowing CC, or it becomes de facto legal, IIRC. So, in the event that they don't get that law passed—well, actually, in that case, we may not even need a license at all if no bill passes and it simply becomes legal. :dunno:

Not as simple as it seems at first glance.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I honestly hope IL doesnt pass anything if it'll mean constitutional carry. I don't want to have to go through the expense and process of getting another license. I have enough mandated junk in my wallet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Unless they don't get their new law passed within that 180 days from whenever that judge made that ruling... you know the one I'm talking about? They have a deadline by which to pass a law allowing CC, or it becomes de facto legal, IIRC. So, in the event that they don't get that law passed—well, actually, in that case, we may not even need a license at all if no bill passes and it simply becomes legal. :dunno:

Not as simple as it seems at first glance.

The AG of Illinois has appealed the 3 judge ruling that requires the 180 mandate to pass the law. Being that it is still in the appeal process, I believe that the state is now exempt from having to pass that during the time constraints imposed by the judge. On the other hand, if the full 7 judge panel refuses the appeal, then I believe the 180 day clock would start ticking again, all the way back from the original date of the initial ruling.

Confed04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Although I like the idea, it violates states' rights.

States that limit our 2nd amendment rights?

A bill that allows us to atleast cc to other states is better then nothing. And we could still OC in Indiana. Where we are probably 95% of the time

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's compromise, we'll give up all of our rights and they can do with us what they will. Let's hope they allow us to have nice hot showers in the camps.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    States that limit our 2nd amendment rights?

A bill that allows us to atleast cc to other states is better then nothing. And we could still OC in Indiana. Where we are probably 95% of the time

:+1:

Infringing on the 2nd Amendment is NOT something enumerated to ANYONE. We can publish a newspaper anyway we want, why can't we carry a gun anyway we want?

Top Bottom