Sub-2000....why can't anyone get them???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mofohead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Anyone have any idea why the 9mm Sub-2k's are difficult to get/find??? I even contacted Kel Tec and they simply sad they are in high demand and they are pushing them out as fast as possible. They are definitely really neat. So neat that I have the the gotta-have-its really bad and i've been on waiting lists at three different local gun shops for over two months and still nothing. One of the gun shops here in Fort Wayne, IN even said they haven't seen a 9mm sub-2k in over a year.

Are they really in that much of a demand? I heard a rumor (and can't remember the source) that Kel Tec has recently moved their manufacturing facility and that's why there is such a shortage. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm relatively new to INGO and never really thought about checking the classified until the other day. Of course I saw a couple that sold for really decent prices in the past couple months and I missed out. I just want to get one and I'm tired of waiting.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Kel-Tec is known, for one thing, for their interesting and innovative designs, but at least as much for their inadequate manufacturing capacity. If something gets popular, it'll go into shortage immediately. Look up the KSG for a great example, but be warned, you'll probably want one.

hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    I got really lucky and picked up a trade in at gander mountain in 9mm not to long ago. You can get them around the Fort Wayne area every now and then, but be ready to pay at least 100-150 above retail.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Welcome to INGO. The Sub-2000 is a unique design and Keltec just hasn't been able to keep up. Since you are looking to buy, you should be aware that INGO requires that you have 50 quality posts or pay to become a site supporter before you can partipate in the classifieds. More info here.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We have them, just not in large numbers and not with any kind of consistency. Had a new .40 and a pre-owned 9mm on the rack Saturday, and have a couple new 9mms coming in next week. When will we get more after that? Who knows.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Love mine and it looks wicked with that 33 rounder sticking out the bottom! Very fun to shoot and love the folding! Complements my Glock 19 for ammo and mag swapability!

dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Just picked up a G17 (9mm) at Orion in Jeffersonville yesterday - they had five more on the rack, several people were looking to buy when I snagged mine.

dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    I might mention that I thought it was butt ugly until I took it to the range today. Nice group at the 50 but by the tme I got it sighted in and moved to 100 yard line I was shaking so bad from the cold I could hardly keep it on the paper. I'm starting to like it.
    icon14.gif
    Paid $360.00 for it plus $42.00 per for two 33 rnd mags

dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    I tought it was a bargain - if you don't factor in the $70.00 in gas for the trip south.

NO I'am NOT trying to run up my post count. The check's in the mail.

Mofohead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Welcome to INGO. The Sub-2000 is a unique design and Keltec just hasn't been able to keep up. Since you are looking to buy, you should be aware that INGO requires that you have 50 quality posts or pay to become a site supporter before you can partipate in the classifieds. More info here.

Yep, I read that. That's why i'm getting started now so I can leverage the classifieds at some point in the future.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I check 502streetscenes.net frequently because I'm from that region of kentuckiana and there are decent gun deals to be had on there. Now i'm finishing up grad school at Purdue so I always miss out on the deals down south. It's tough to snag a gun on here without having 50 posts.

Top Bottom