• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I used to own a 27 and the recoil wasn't unbearable by any means. The 26 is a lot easier to shoot than a 27, but after a few sessions at the range you will find that the 27 is a great ccw weapon with a very manageable recoil.

I have big hands so to comfortably grip the 27 I had a pearce extension for it. With the extension it was still ridiculously easy to conceal!

Joe

Thanks Joe - that gives me an idea what I am facing before I get to test fire them. I do not have big hands but I have longer fingers.

Or... you could try a H&K USP compact or subcompact (P2000SK). There is not much difference between the two and both are very nice.

Woodsman, the HK P2000SK is probably the most accurate SC out there and it's reliability is good. It's just not for me. The trigger pull is almost 12 lbs in double action and apparently isn't really made to be modified. I am used to Single Action 4-4.5 lb triggers and 12 felt like crap to me. None of the DAO's I am looking at are 'true' DAO's. I.E. they fire from half-cock with no manual safety.

Glock 26/27 - 5.6 lb pull
    Walther PPS - 6.1 lb pull
    M&Pc - 10 lb pull but easy to modify down to 4.5 lbs as any gunsmith would tell you. Not sure I would want it that low on a half-cocked gun though!

Kimber Tac Ultra II - 4.5 lb trigger pull in SA

Like the Walther, I would have to get used to the mag release. The HK is much stiffer than the Walther making it difficult to release. I imagine this gets better with use though.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I didn't mind the mag release on the PPS. In all honesty I probably didn't even own the PPS long enough to give it a fair shot. I thought about keeping for a while longer to work with it some more but a trade opportunity came that I could not refuse :)

I got a beautiful Interarms P99 9mm AS 2 tone in like new condition with 3 mags.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It's been a year & a half with my M&P 9c. Absolutely NO problems...PERIOD.
    My wife also shoots it and she cuts out the center of the target at 25 ft.

Believe me, if I thought there was ANY problem with this pistol, it would not be in my waistband.

I posted this on another thread. I can't speak for the Glock or PPS, but the S&W has been everything I wanted in a compact pistol.

Top Bottom