• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jetman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Cicero
    I have a friend that purchased an HK rifle in .45acp with the factory can.
    Does anyone have a "recipe" for a decent round to put thru the gun. He lives in an urban area and has some pests he would like to discreetely terminate. Nearest neighbors are 50 yards away.

I'm looking at loading a 230gr JHP, it appears that using "Clays" I can get them down to 670FPS. Anyone have experiance, especially if I should anticipate feeding issues with a light charged ammo?

Jetman

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I think you will have a hard time finding any loads for a 230gr 45acp that's not subsonic!

I would edit your post, its not legal to shoot any animal with a surpressor in Indiana.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. If it is an urban area there are probably discharge laws that would make what you are suggesting illegal.

2. Shooting animals with a suppressor IS illegal.

3. Most 45 ACP loads ARE subsonic.

4. Poor choice for varmint control to begin with, but especially around houses!

That is alot of stuff going against you (your friend) and this line of thought to begin with. I would suggest you sincerely rethink things and maybe edit your post. Learn the local laws and tell your friend to buy a pellet gun.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    1. If it is an urban area there are probably discharge laws that would make what you are suggesting illegal.

2. Shooting animals with a suppressor IS illegal.

3. Most 45 ACP loads ARE subsonic.

4. Poor choice for varmint control to begin with, but especially around houses!

That is alot of stuff going against you (your friend) and this line of thought to begin with. I would suggest you sincerely rethink things and maybe edit your post. Learn the local laws and tell your friend to buy a pellet gun.

normal_I_Support_This_Post.jpg

Top Bottom