• ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Found this and thought it was hilarious

Stolen from another site...that was stolen from another site....etc, etc...

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    One to move it to the lighting section
    Two to argue, then move it to the electrical section
    Seven to point out spelling/ grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    Five to flame the spell checkers
    Three to correct spelling/ grammar flames
    Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another six to condemn those six as stupid
    Two industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    Fifteen know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    Nineteen to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
    Eleven to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    Thirty-six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
    Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs
    Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "+1"
    Two to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    Five to say, "Didn't we go through this already a few months ago?"
    Nine to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

One forum lurker to respond to the original post eight months from now and start it all over

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There have to be a few who would argue over the appropriate wattage.
    There would be more to trash the government for regulating light bulbs.
    A couple would make the argument that since light bulbs are a necessary thing, the government should provide them. Why should only rich people have light bulbs.
    A couple of old codgers to reminisce about their grandpa who refused to have electricity run to his house.
    and I am sure people can come up with more...

Umm, so what's the total?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Good gosh

This could easily grow into a major urination competition involving large numbers of participants. There's no way it could be discussed without mention of which brands of lightbulbs are actually made in China and which stores sell those bulbs at a price higher than the price of bulbs made in the U.S.A..

Oh yeah, and if you don't buy this particular line of crap, you are sheep.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    It makes me sad that incandescents are being phased out for either mercury filled lamps or leds made from chinese precious materials.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Shouldn't someone find a lightbulb cat picture but add nothing else to the argument?

20080428061410_funny-pictures-lightbulb-cat-get-a-life_thumbnail.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It makes me sad that incandescents are being phased out for either mercury filled lamps or leds made from chinese precious materials.

My electric bill isn't sad. I just realized last night when I had to replace some of the last remaining incandescents in my house that the only bulb I've changed in the past 5 years is the porch light, I just can't seem to get the fluerescents to work outside even in a closed lamp fixture.

Well at least not as long as the inside ones...

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    LOL If you look in my right hand you'll see the camera remote. I had a loose grip on the gun to get a better picture. I am doing pretty good hitting the target in my sig though!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    At least three to point out the Nazis used light bulbs, and if you adhere to "the man's" rule about light bulbs you are basically putting your neighbor in an oven.

3/4 of the forum to engage in an indepth conversation on concealed bulb, always to remain behind a lamp shade but to provide light only when needed, or open bulb, on the lamp with no shade for anyone to see the source of the light.

Top Bottom