• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Here's an interesting article about an apparent self-defense shooting at a Subway sandwich shop in Charlotte, NC. I'm sure there will be more info to come, but let's hope that the witness statements and evidence make it a clean self defense situation and not one where the GG crossed some line and became a BG. Sounds like they have had a few other situations there with employees defending themselves against armed robbers.

Clerk at Subway shoots robbery suspects, kills one - CharlotteObserver.com

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Hooray for the employee, 2 less BG's. Instant justice, no hearings, no appeals, no prison costs. Made my day.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    Hope the shooter is okay and can deal with what has happened. It is so tough dealing with taking the life of another no matter the circumstances. He is in my prayers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    GG 2, BG 0. I can't imagine a better outcome. What the anti-gunners will conveniently forget is that the clerk was doing his job. He didn't decide to be robbed that day. The BGs made the decision that someone was going to lose what they'd earned and possibly that someone would lose their life. They just didn't imagine it would be them.

Had they walked in and asked for a job, they might have been alive when the day ended.

Blessings,
    Bill

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    This made it sound like the good guy was chasing down the bad guy, though:

"We were eating supper, and we had about 10 gunshots go off, so we ran to the door and could see across the street, somebody shooting," Abernathy told NewsChannel 36. "He kept going around the corner, shooting."
    Not sure how that will factor in.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    In October, a Pizza Hut employee was being pistol-whipped by two robbery suspects in east Charlotte, police say. The employee, a delivery driver who was at the store just after closing, later told the Observer that he pulled a Glock 22 from under his shirt and shot his assailants. The men, both 21-year-old convicted felons, died at the scene. The delivery driver was not charged.

Read more: Clerk at Subway shoots robbery suspects, kills one - CharlotteObserver.com

wonder what there prior felonies were.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    This made it sound like the good guy was chasing down the bad guy, though:"We were eating supper, and we had about 10 gunshots go off, so we ran to the door and could see across the street, somebody shooting," Abernathy told NewsChannel 36. "He kept going around the corner, shooting."

Not sure how that will factor in.

Sounds like a no-no to me. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to not finish the fight though.

Buckaroo

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    While it is great that the employee was able to defend himself, it was unfortunate that even a BG had to die. We shouldn't rejoice in a death...

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Hope the shooter is okay and can deal with what has happened. It is so tough dealing with taking the life of another no matter the circumstances. He is in my prayers.

I ain't really got a problem with it.......if it's warrant'd.....ya prolly ought'a reconsider carry'n....hesitation at the moment o' truth'll get'cha a dirt nap....not ta hijack the thread, but case in point....break'n news from this area..........:cool:
    Suspect shot during holdup attempt - WAVE 3 News - Louisville, Kentucky

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Not surprised. My mom used to supervise a couple subways in Indy in the early 90s. When she was in the downtown location (not the best one), she was up front when a couple masked men tried to rob the store. Bad move that day as they somehow overlooked the table of police officers sitting there eating. haha
    No shots fired, but I don't think the idiots had a great day......I mean who interrupts a table of officers trying to eat.

I deliver for my restaurant once a week, and ALWAYS carry just because of stories like the pizza hut one.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Not surprised. My mom used to supervise a couple subways in Indy in the early 90s. When she was in the downtown location (not the best one), she was up front when a couple masked men tried to rob the store. Bad move that day as they somehow overlooked the table of police officers sitting there eating. haha

That's hilarious:laugh:.

To more serious matters, I caught the end of the article dealing with the robbery in Monroe. Couldn't help but notice the phrase "The Union County district attorney decided not to charge the clerks." Sad, just sad, that to charge them or not in such a situation would even be put to a "decision."

Top Bottom