• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Hi I'm looking for a good inexpensive $50-$100 fixed blade knife. It will be lightly used. I'm thinking 5-8 inches long like I said it will be lightly used so I don't need a high quality but would like a decent quality. Thanks in advance!

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    The whole knife size mostly wearing around the house and yard and woods on the weekends. I have my dress outfit knife and work pocketknife and now I feel like I just need a fixed blade to round out my knifes.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    ESEE 3 or 4 from Sheila and Brad would be perfect. A Condor Bushlore or Kephart would also be good choices. A little more and you could get into a Fallkniven F1. Great all purpose knife! If cost is a big concern get a Mora Robust. Fantastic knife for the money and easy to maintain and sharpen.

See, you have lots of great knives to pick from. PM me if I can help!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    ESEE 4 fits your criteria pretty well.

My thought exactly. You can find one right around $100 and you're not going to do much better for the money. It's big enough to do must bush craft tasks without weighing you down. It's tough as nails, comes with a nice Kydex shealth, and a no questions asked, lifetime warranty.

Here's mine.

20141018_231050_zpspmnzbsgv.jpg

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    ESEE 3 or 4 from Sheila and Brad would be perfect. A Condor Bushlore or Kephart would also be good choices. A little more and you could get into a Fallkniven F1. Great all purpose knife! If cost is a big concern get a Mora Robust. Fantastic knife for the money and easy to maintain and sharpen.

See, you have lots of great knives to pick from. PM me if I can help!

Gotta echo the Esee 3 or 4. My 3 made short work of field dressing this season. And Sheila is about as good a person as you can imagine to deal with.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My top picks in the sub $100 range would be the Spyderco Fred Perrin or Bill Moran. Both are in VG10 and both are sub $100 at the right vendor.

Also look at Esee, Becker, or Scrapyard. Blackjack also makes a really nice knife, maybe the tac ops 4. Maybe also look at Onatrio knife works. I've also seen new dpx hest fixed blades going for just under $100, and that's a hell of a knife for the price. Tops knives also makes some nice knives in your price range.

If you expand your budget by $25, you could get a d2 lionsteel that would be quite nice. I've also seen some zero tolerance fixed blades listed right above $100 recently.

And don't forget to look at Kershaw if you want to be at the bottom end of your price range. They're one of the few companies that has a product line that is priced WAY under what it should be when you look at the quality. It sucks when you come in and ask for a $50-100 knife and you only get stuff at or above your price range, so I'm including this. For a user knife, you won't be disappointed in a USA produced Kershaw (use caution on the overseas models).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of YouTubers are giving good reviews to Schrade's new lines of 1095 steel blades. They run $30-40 compared to others at double or triple that.
    Sprinkle a few around where you need them and have backups for your backups? Stuff you are not afraid to use or lose?

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    ESEE 4....A great knife and the best warranty around. Check them out at ESEE KNIVES online and buy from no one but INGOs own KNIFE LADY (best price and service with a smile).

Top Bottom