Suggestion for people listing firearms for sale on INGO.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Like many I like to browse the classifieds on INGO. One piece of useful information that is often left out is the caliber of the firearm. I am not exactly a newbie, but I admit I don't automatically know the caliber for a Ruger LCP, or S&W Bodyguard, or whatever just by it's name. Yes, I know I have the information available at my fingertips, but it just seems to me that listing the caliber would make your listings friendlier and more marketable to people who are maybe looking for their first firearm. It also seems that this could be a piece of information that shoppers might use in searches.

Please list the caliber. What is obvious to you may not be to others.

Thanks,

Tom

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    OP, this is a reasonable suggestion.

While the griping is in full effect, I will go ahead and gripe about classifieds thread titles that have almost no information about the item for sale in it. Also, putting an abbreviation for the location at the end of the thread title could be helpful in most cases.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    That's in the classifieds rules. If you don't, the ad will get removed.

There are rules? Now I suppose you are going to tell me I can't ask someone that posted a WTT ad what their price is? Or someone with a WTS ad what trades they would consider? Or that I can't tell people they can just email me for pictures? Or that INGO has a FAQ that smells like bacon?

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    I like the idea of a general location in the title. I hate it when I see something I would be really interested in and it turns out to be way up north. Then I'm just sad and like I wish I hadn't looked at that.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    S&W Bodyguard.... .38 or .380... I wouldn't know.

I bet you could tell by the pic.

Lu3CArT.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm not sure this would be an ideal solution, but one other hobby forum I'm on requires the proper tag in the title (WTS, WTT, WTB) AND a zip code as well, and the classified are monitored and non-compliant posts locked quickly with a gentle reminder to "please re-post with the correct format"

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Pictures and location are very helpfull. With gas at almost $4.00 a gallon, I usually dont like to drive far unless it is something I just cant live without.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Boy oh boy, how long have you guys been on here? The omission of essential details is a brilliant interest gaining/ marketing ploy. Some readers, perhaps mildly interested if at all, can't resist bumping ad with " what ---- is it?" Insert caliber, finish, barrel length etc,. OP gleans a bump and the ad gets some attention gained from this as well.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Boy oh boy, how long have you guys been on here? The omission of essential details is a brilliant interest gaining/ marketing ploy. Some readers, perhaps mildly interested if at all, can't resist bumping ad with " what ---- is it?" Insert caliber, finish, barrel length etc,. OP gleans a bump and the ad gets some attention gained from this as well.

AHA! So that's how they do it!

Top Bottom