• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I had a thought for an improvement for the site. A couple of other sites that I frequent have a Test area for members to try something like a new signature, posting pictures, adding links to their posts. It gives members a chance to learn "how to", before using it a live forum. This is in addition to the preview.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is in addition to the preview.

Don't forget about the " edit " option also.... I'm not sure just how the edit works, but I do know there is a generous window for editing, but it isn't forever...

Just look through a few random threads and you will see many use this often....

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Lol, I should keep you in stitches then. I'm the poster boy for flaws.

"boy for flaws", cool name, is that something like "dances with wolves"? Just kidding, this would only be funny if you got the punctuation wrong. I have to admit I cheat and use the trash can (accessible to MODs) if I'm making a big post that involves cutting and pasting a lot of links, pics and the like.

You can also start a thread, compose it, and then cut and paste it to a word doc or some other software to work on it more prior to ever hitting "submit new thread". I would recommend that after you copy and paste the content back onto a new thread that you hit the A/A in the upper right corner of the go advanced edit window, clean up all the otherwise unseen junk MS word adds to a doc prior to posting it.

Maybe this should be more of an etiquette thing like using purple. Include in the first line of the OP "DRAFT" until you get it like you want then remove it on your last edit? Granted this would be an honor system, which means it will not work, but the etiquette would include the understood request that the thread not be posted in until the "EDIT" is removed by the OP.

On the surface I'm not opposed to having a "staging ground" of sorts so an individual can make epic thread starts in private prior to posting them up. I'll pass it along to the other mods.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had a thought for an improvement for the site. A couple of other sites that I frequent have a Test area for members to try something like a new signature, posting pictures, adding links to their posts. It gives members a chance to learn "how to", before using it a live forum. This is in addition to the preview.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure we will use space for that, but have you tried using the "Preview Post" to see what your post looks like? You can use any section to play around with a post and if you just don't like it, you can simply hit "New Threads" or something and it's gone.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    We wanna see your flaws so we can laugh @ them. INGO is not for the meek & mild.....

:laugh::laugh: I [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] ah think that findingZzero has more compassion than that for his INGO friends. But that's pretty funny.

If we had a test area we could post angry flaming rants toward one another, and then deny it by saying that we were testing a new posting method, and it was an unfortunate mistake. Kinda like the old "someone hacked my twitter account" excuse.

Welcome to INGO RugerRog. :ingo:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom