• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bergx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Please don't make people make 15-50 posts before being able to access a majority of the functionality of the forum (PM, email, post reply in classifieds, etc)

I simply want to inquire about a classifieds item but now need to make 15 posts just to have the privilege of contacting the seller...

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Please don't make people make 15-50 posts before being able to access a majority of the functionality of the forum (PM, email, post reply in classifieds, etc)

I simply want to inquire about a classifieds item but now need to make 15 posts just to have the privilege of contacting the seller...

I couldnt agree with you more but the mods do not like to hear people state their opinion about this topic, usally there response is something like " ingo... love it or leave it " . The mod gods have spoken on this issue and there is no changing their minds im afraid.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I couldnt agree with you more but the mods do not like to hear people state their opinion about this topic, usally there response is something like " ingo... love it or leave it " . The mod gods have spoken on this issue and there is no changing their minds im afraid.

The door is that way ----------->

Don't let it hit you on the way out.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    :popcorn:

banhammer2ug.jpg

:rockwoot:

bergx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010

Fair enough. My intent is not to belittle your community here. I have poked around a bit and it seems like people here are very knowledgeable and it is a good group.

I also understand the potential good from having a minimum post count but I hope the moderators understand that it makes it hard for good respectful people who aren't from the Hoosier state (although my GF is) to drop in and either participate in the discussion or provide buyers for the more specialized items for sale in the classifieds (i.e. items that may need a national audience to find a buyer since they are for a very specific purpose...such as the partial plastic holster insert that I am interested in in your classifieds)

I also hope you realize my reasoning behind posting this here was to avoid disrupting the forum in the process (i.e. I figured the mods only read this page)

And finally, I did PM a moderator earlier to request he contact the seller on my behalf and provide him/her with my contact info and I haven't heard back. I understand the mods are likely busy so not trying to put blame on anyone but that is why I went to plan B and tried to abide by the minimum post rule as efficiently and quietly as possible

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Fair enough. My intent is not to belittle your community here. I have poked around a bit and it seems like people here are very knowledgeable and it is a good group.

I also understand the potential good from having a minimum post count but I hope the moderators understand that it makes it hard for good respectful people who aren't from the Hoosier state (although my GF is) to drop in and either participate in the discussion or provide buyers for the more specialized items for sale in the classifieds (i.e. items that may need a national audience to find a buyer since they are for a very specific purpose...such as the partial plastic holster insert that I am interested in in your classifieds)

I also hope you realize my reasoning behind posting this here was to avoid disrupting the forum in the process (i.e. I figured the mods only read this page)

And finally, I did PM a moderator earlier to request he contact the seller on my behalf and provide him/her with my contact info and I haven't heard back. I understand the mods are likely busy so not trying to put blame on anyone but that is why I went to plan B and tried to abide by the minimum post rule as efficiently and quietly as possible

Great post, will read again.

Now, you are only 49 away from getting to the classifieds after the mods wake up.

(Sorry, I don't do purple)

But yeah, you are missing the whole point of the 50 post rule...It is designed to keep people like you away...

The classifieds is only a perk for this site and is designed for contributing members to be able to buy/sell/trade firearms amongst each other without people like you interfering.

My apologies that the rules of the board were lost on you...Oh wait, I'm sure you didn't bother reading them.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Hey man, it's still free. The Admin/Mods team *could* make it so you have you become a paying member — "site supporter" — before those features are available, but they choose not to. Instead, they, on behalf of many of the rest of us, simply ask that a new member prove he is willing to contribute to our community in a positive manner before taking advantage of it.

If you do want to quickly bypass the post-count requirements, all you have to do is become a site supporter. Then your post count jumps up to 50 (once it goes through and they work their mod magic), and you'll be able to PM and post in the classifieds all you want.
    Click here to find out about how to become a site supporter.

And FYI - you're being neg-repped all the way to hades and back because you tried to cheat the system. We don't take too kindly to people doing that around these parts. It's basically "illegal immigration". Come through the proper channels and we'll gladly welcome new members to our community. Cheat your way in and we'll kick you right back out.

ETA - just saw your new post. I appreciate you trying to do it semi-discreetly. We'd be glad to have a new member here contributing useful information, as you seem to want to do; it's just better for everybody if you go about it in the right manner.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Hey bergx7 I'd just like to help you out and let you know that the random posting won't get you anywhere. They won't count and will aggravate a lot of people. I'm sure if you start reading some posts and chiming in whenever you can you will get to 50 in no time. Also, I'm sure another of the certain item you are interested in will become available someday.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hey bergx7 I'd just like to help you out and let you know that the random posting won't get you anywhere. They won't count and will aggravate a lot of people. I'm sure if you start reading some posts and chiming in whenever you can you will get to 50 in no time. Also, I'm sure another of the certain item you are interested in will become available someday.

Yeah, he's not interested in sticking around...He wants to stop by for a second, snatch up a good deal and be out(thus the 50 post rule to give contributing members that opportunity at a good deal). He clearly stated he has no intentions of sticking around.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Seriously. Heed the advice given in this thread. In the morning, you'll thank them. Hopefully the mods will delete your account and let you start over. But please remember that the classifieds are just a perk for CONTRIBUTING members. If you would like to use it, please contribute to the forum first. After your first 50 posts, feel free to do whatever, but please CONTINUE to contribute.

I personally like having out of state members here. It gives us a different perspective of other states. However, contributing is the only way to not be flamed, firebombed, or shamed off the forum. :twocents:

Please ask the mods just to delete your account and let you start over. If you wish to contribute that is. If you don't want to be a contributing member, please find another place to buy and sell.

bergx7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Seriously. Heed the advice given in this thread. In the morning, you'll thank them. Hopefully the mods will delete your account and let you start over. But please remember that the classifieds are just a perk for CONTRIBUTING members. If you would like to use it, please contribute to the forum first. After your first 50 posts, feel free to do whatever, but please CONTINUE to contribute.

I personally like having out of state members here. It gives us a different perspective of other states. However, contributing is the only way to not be flamed, firebombed, or shamed off the forum. :twocents:

Please ask the mods just to delete your account and let you start over. If you wish to contribute that is. If you don't want to be a contributing member, please find another place to buy and sell.

Thanks for the insight. Honestly if I knew it was going to upset people I would not have posted (see my post above). Clearly you guys get a lot of people coming on the main forums and starting inflammatory posts or topics of some sort or it wouldn't be such a sensitive issue. However, I understand (particularly with gun forums since there's always someone wanting to come on and spout off against guns rights, or some political issue, etc...I've seen it too and its annoying)

For further clarification, understand that your classifieds show up on google searches. Thus when the item I wanted came up on google, I was linked through to your site. My thought process was that the item is of no use to the seller (he sold the gun it was for) and I need it for a upcoming weekend class. The item has also been on sale on your forum for a while (over a month) with no responses (so I wouldn't be snagging it out from under a long time forum member) and, again, it is a pretty obscure part.

Again, sorry for stirring up the pot. The mods can do as they please but I won't go through the trouble of creating a new account given the simplicity of my goal here and the response from some (NOT ALL) of you after my fairly clear explanation.

And to Bazooka Joe, as upset as you are tonight, I want you to know I still appreciate you and what you and the other forum members are doing for 2nd amendment rights. Don't worry, I wont let the door hit me on the way out... And NOBODY f&*ks with the Jesus...

:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks for the insight. Honestly if I knew it was going to upset people I would not have posted (see my post above). Clearly you guys get a lot of people coming on the main forums and starting inflammatory posts or topics of some sort or it wouldn't be such a sensitive issue. However, I understand (particularly with gun forums since there's always someone wanting to come on and spout off against guns rights, or some political issue, etc...I've seen it too and its annoying)

For further clarification, understand that your classifieds show up on google searches. Thus when the item I wanted came up on google, I was linked through to your site. My thought process was that the item is of no use to the seller (he sold the gun it was for) and I need it for a upcoming weekend class. The item has also been on sale on your forum for a while (over a month) with no responses (so I wouldn't be snagging it out from under a long time forum member) and, again, it is a pretty obscure part.

Again, sorry for stirring up the pot. The mods can do as they please but I won't go through the trouble of creating a new account given the simplicity of my goal here and the response from some (NOT ALL) of you after my fairly clear explanation.

And to Bazooka Joe, as upset as you are tonight, I want you to know I still appreciate you and what you and the other forum members are doing for 2nd amendment rights. Don't worry, I wont let the door hit me on the way out... And NOBODY f&*ks with the Jesus...

I'd rep you for being upfront and honest. But clearly I'm out of rep to hand out. Either way, hope you find what you're looking for. I don't think the mods would make an exception for someone like this, but if they did... :dunno: Either way, good luck!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Hahaha, I'm not upset at all...Just having some fun.:D

It just gets annoying when people post "like you" to get to their 50. I'd completely be on board for a feature that makes an item available for sale to anyone after a month, like the item you are looking for...It's just not going to happen here.

Fenway's house, Fenway's rules.

(Sorry, do a search and figure out who that is)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Berg,

I deleted your :rolleyes: posts, but you've explained your reasoning and goals here well. I don't see a need to re-create an account, but I will say that your reasoned way of thinking will go far here. The earlier-apparent disregard of the rules will not, and you were mistaken that the mods only read this page... but your thinking of how to least disrupt the board is appreciated. I'm sorry that the rule about selling is an inconvenience, but I'm sure you understand the reasoning behind it.

Do stick around, please. I'd really like to see someone come back from
    reputation_red.gif
    reputation_red.gif
    reputation_red.gif
    back into the
    reputation_green.gif
    rep marks, and you're the first I've seen to have potential to do so.

Good luck, and

Blessings,
    Bill

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    And finally, I did PM a moderator earlier to request he contact the seller on my behalf and provide him/her with my contact info and I haven't heard back.
    For the record, for the next time someone takes issue with our 50 post rule, the Mods don't do this. Ever. There's a reason we have the rule in place, and the Mods are here to ensure the rules are being followed. We're generally not inclined to help anyone skirt them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom