• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Granddaughter wants to learn how to play the piano and we want to get her a keyboard to practice on. Don't know anything about them and would like to get her a good one to start on but not break the bank if this is just a short term thing. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Go for the gold grandpa! They ship for free!:rockwoot:

https://steinwaygrand.com/products/...gfAmt_sOfWvirE7h1PxfLP6HX_H-iXkQaAi7fEALw_wcB

2018 Steinway Model B Spirio Grand Piano | Los Angeles |

Regular price $92,500.00

• Make: Steinway Grand Piano
    • Model: B
    • Year: 2018
    • Size: 6' 11" (211 cm)
    • Finish: High Gloss Ebony
    • Price: $92,500
    • Style: Steinway Classic Grand Piano
    • Status: Purchased new for over $150,000, we are selling for a fraction of that price. This is a brand new Steinway Model B Spirio piano with a full lyrical ringing tone. It is capable of both chordal sections or intricate passageworks.
    • The piano is part of Park Avenue Pianos Premier Steinway Piano Collection
    • Free National Shipping | White Glove Steinway Piano Movers | International Shipping Available

Text Us:
    lighter
    E-mail Us:info@parkavenuepianos.com
    Call Us (24/7):+1 (800) 463-8120

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Go for the gold grandpa! They ship for free!:rockwoot:

https://steinwaygrand.com/products/...gfAmt_sOfWvirE7h1PxfLP6HX_H-iXkQaAi7fEALw_wcB

2018 Steinway Model B Spirio Grand Piano | Los Angeles |

Regular price $92,500.00

• Make: Steinway Grand Piano
    • Model: B
    • Year: 2018
    • Size: 6' 11" (211 cm)
    • Finish: High Gloss Ebony
    • Price: $92,500
    • Style: Steinway Classic Grand Piano
    • Status: Purchased new for over $150,000, we are selling for a fraction of that price. This is a brand new Steinway Model B Spirio piano with a full lyrical ringing tone. It is capable of both chordal sections or intricate passageworks.
    • The piano is part of Park Avenue Pianos Premier Steinway Piano Collection
    • Free National Shipping | White Glove Steinway Piano Movers | International Shipping Available

Text Us:
    lighter
    E-mail Us:info@parkavenuepianos.com
    Call Us (24/7):+1 (800) 463-8120
    This will break the bank and the wife would kill me at least twice.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    If I may, if she’s really serious, see if you can find a used one with weighted keys. IMO and I do play the piano, weighted keys make a huge difference when learning. They feel like a piano and react to how hard you press them. Also make sure whatever you get has a output for headphones, I always liked to play late at night and it wouldn’t wake everyone up playing as loud/hard as you want.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    If I may, if she’s really serious, see if you can find a used one with weighted keys. IMO and I do play the piano, weighted keys make a huge difference when learning. They feel like a piano and react to how hard you press them. Also make sure whatever you get has a output for headphones, I always liked to play late at night and it wouldn’t wake everyone up playing as loud/hard as you want.
    Thanks.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Playing music can be a great thing for kids. My daughter was middle of the road on grades. She got in to music and had to carry a good great to play and stay in band. She excelled after that. She plays Flute, Saxophone and Piccolo. It is awesome you are encouraging her. Way to go grandpa and grandma!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute

This is important. Whatever keyboard you get, make sure is has a true piano action. Used uprights are all over, cheap or free for the taking. Get a used upright, spend some money on tuning.

Top Bottom