• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reno_Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm looking for a light to put on my AR. My EDC light is a streamlight protac 2l which I love but it's too small for any of the mounts. I know streamlight has a new protac light coming in June and I was thinking about that one. It's a 1". anyone have any other suggestions?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm looking for a light to put on my AR. My EDC light is a streamlight protac 2l which I love but it's too small for any of the mounts.

It will fit in a VTAC mount with the included spacer. :yesway:

The light on the left is the PT2L's shorter cousin, the PT1L.

2q809jr.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No kidding! Well I guess I will go ahead and get that mount then and I can use my current light until I get another just for the rifle. Thanks

If in the future you decide on a larger diameter light, the VTAC will still support it by simply removing the spacer.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I went through this decision a couple months ago (thanks esrice) and went with the Streamlight PolyTac. Plenty bright (130 lumen with a lot of usable spill), light weight and very durable. I found mine for $30 with free shipping. It is the light on the right in esrice's pic above.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    I wanted to share a cheaper Scout Light setup with you guys. The E-Series Surefire Flashlights (handheld) are essentially a Scout Light size system. This means the E-Series lights use the same Z68 tailcap as the Scout Lights. Since the VTAC light mount will hold the E-Series light with the space installed, you can have in effect a "poor man's" Scout Light.

So you would use your E2D-L or VTAC L4 and mount it in the VTAC Light Mount and then use the pressure pad tailcap to complete the system. You can even use the VTAC L4 Mini, and put the Scout Light pressure pad tailcap on it to make a "poor man's" Mini Scout Light.

Using the above method, you can save anywhere from $10 to $50 over a standard Scout Light from SF depending on what accessories you already own.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    The best over all value at the moment are the Olight kits. $95 and you get all you need to mount your lights.

The Olight M20 is a much brighter and better built light than the above Streamlights. Plus it's actually built for weapon mounting.

Olight Hunter Christmas Set

The Scout lights are really nice, but you have to be pretty serious to dump $250 on your weapon light. But, if you need/want that top notch system, go with a Surefire Scout, yo wont be disappointed.
    Search Results: scout

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    Someone mentioned solar force ights on a different light thread and I bought the following:

VTac mount: $27.99
    Solarforce L2: $25.99
    Solarforce tape switch: $13.99

The light has an cree XML led and is really really bright. Anxious to see how this all holds up.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Call Todd Miller in Seneca PA, he can fix you up with a rechargable 900 lumen light, universal mount and a remote switch for you pistol grip of stock for under $100.
    814-657-5880 Tell him Conrad send you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Call Todd Miller in Seneca PA, he can fix you up with a rechargable 900 lumen light, universal mount and a remote switch for you pistol grip of stock for under $100.
    814-657-5880 Tell him Conrad send you.

lol

If you want to test it just tell him to turn it on in PA and you should be able to see it. :laugh:

Top Bottom