• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The best advice I can give you is to let her decide. Get as many types/calibers of firearms so that she can make the decision herself.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    Take her to your LGS or a range that rents guns and let her see what she likes. When looking for my wife's CC I was way off. She went with the Bersa Thunder .380.
    I have to admit that I really enjoy it as well on the range.
    The biggest thing is she is very proficient and confident with it.
    By letting her decide you are already a step ahead with her being comfortable with the choice.
    Ohhh... My wife was reading over my shoulder mumbling something about her being "right"!!!! I guess I'll lether gloat.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bersa's are great, but they make them in more than just the .380. Don't get me wrong, I like the .380. I have one myself. I also have one in .32acp. It's quite a bit less recoil, but a lot less punch as well.
    If the wife can handle it, they even make a Bersa in 9mm.
    As stated up thread, just let HER decide. That way, if it does turn out to be "not quite the one...", then it was her choice.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Welcome to INGO!

Either a 9 or .380 would be my choice, I have both. I prefer semi-auto over revolvers. I find the trigger pull on the revolvers are to hard for me to shoot effectively.

Before buying anything have her at least hold it and make sure it is comfortable in her hand. Shooting it is even better.

Good luck!

LS6

I should add the 9 is s full size XD, the .380 is a Bersa thunder.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Many women have small hands.
    The important thing, in my opinion, is that when she grips the gun with the barrel in line with her forearm, her trigger finger contacts the trigger at the first joint.
    It is hard to shoot accurately if the gun doesn't fit your hand.

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    My wife bought a Ruger LC9 in December and likes it better than my Shield. She carries it IWB in a Galco KingTuk if it's not in her purse.

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    My wife got a crimson Bersa 380. It is easy to conceal carry. Plus the laser is awesome, and out of the way since it is built into the grip.

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I strongly suggest carrying either in condition 3 or a strong external safety unless she has been through quite a bit of practice.

debruyn4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thank you all

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. really appreciate it. We will go to a range and try 32's, 9mm, 38's. She may even try 45 acp and 357. We'll see what she is comfortable with. Again the feedback is appreciated.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    My wife got a crimson Bersa 380. It is easy to conceal carry. Plus the laser is awesome, and out of the way since it is built into the grip.

And I LOVE this gun...I had a Bersa (without the CT grips) before and it was awesome to shoot. Easy slide to work and just an easy gun to operate overall. :rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom