• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    I’m looking at purchasing a shotgun and hunting rifle for a company giveaway. I have a hard limit of $750 per gun, not one penny more. What would be your suggestions in this price range and also considering decent availability at most LGS.

I’ve looked at the Stoeger M3500 and Weatherby SA-08. Any others for shotty?

Looked at Tikka T3X Lite and a couple Weatherby’s for the rifle. Suggestions?

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I mean, depends on what kinda gun you wanna give away, A Mossberg 590 would be a good choice for a shotgun, or a shockwave as a sorta gun that some people might not buy themselves but would be a nice gift.

As for Hunting rifle, I don't know much about those, so I can't recommend much in that area.

WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    The first question should be what type of people that would be in the giveaway want. Are the taticool, fudds, hunters, or target shooters? Each of those subsets would have different ideas and different recommendations.

For all around I can only comment on shotguns and would say a Mossberg 590 or 500 is always a good way to go. They are reliable and fit the bill for everyone with their strong aftermarket meaning anyone can make it any type of firearm.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The shotgun is probably going to be pretty tough right now. Under normal circumstances I would suggest either a Winchester SX3 or SX4 but you may have to take whatever you can find right now.

As for hunting rifles, you'll likely have a lot more choices. It is hard to beat a Tikka at that price point provided you can find one locally. Other options would include the Browning X-bolt, Winchester Model 70 Sporter, Bergara, Savage or a lower end Ruger.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    The first question should be what type of people that would be in the giveaway want. Are the taticool, fudds, hunters, or target shooters? Each of those subsets would have different ideas and different recommendations.

For all around I can only comment on shotguns and would say a Mossberg 590 or 500 is always a good way to go. They are reliable and fit the bill for everyone with their strong aftermarket meaning anyone can make it any type of firearm.

Quite a few hunters in the group for sure. I figured the HD stuff would be hard to find, so really leaning more towards the hunting side of things. Took me a few years to convince the boss it’s a good idea, so I probably shouldn’t show up with an AR, AK or anything “scary” looking...at least for the first go ‘round

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Our club does a raffle each year. Usually an AR15 with some extras because it's easy & a lot of our members shoot them. But for a company...it's hard to beat classic bluing and walnut or a classic styled rifle like Tikka or Bergara.

We also have a deal with the dealer that the raffle winner may ask to trade their winning prize toward something they would rather have, and sometimes they do. The dealer is always good with that, he wants a new and satisfied customer.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Ruger American rifles are going to be right in that sweet spot of price, for sure. May even be enough to include an OK scope.

See if you can order a Remington 870 combo (short 20" slug barrel, 28" or so bird barrel).

And then do what you can to round out each $750 with accessories and/or ammo.

WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    The Ruger American rifles are going to be right in that sweet spot of price, for sure. May even be enough to include an OK scope.

See if you can order a Remington 870 combo (short 20" slug barrel, 28" or so bird barrel).

And then do what you can to round out each $750 with accessories and/or ammo.
    I strongly advise against anything new on Remington. Since they were bough out by a holding company back in the 2000s their finishes are garbage and will rust in the safe. I still say a 500 or 590 is a better option and just pick one up with a wood finish.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I strongly advise against anything new on Remington. Since they were bough out by a holding company back in the 2000s their finishes are garbage and will rust in the safe. I still say a 500 or 590 is a better option and just pick one up with a wood finish.

Yeah - there is that.

Top Bottom