Sully, when I promised to kill you last?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "War-riors.... come out a plaaa-aayy"
    (switching gears, but still related... who gets it?)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Bennett wore chainmail. Chainmail. It doesn't get more hardcore than that.

According to the director, Commando is the greatest movie of all time:

COMMANDO IS THE BEST FILM EVER, PT. 1 | Screen Junkies
    COMMANDO IS THE BEST FILM EVER, PT. 2 | Screen Junkies
    COMMANDO IS THE BEST FILM EVER, PT. 3 | Screen Junkies

Some important quotes:

A HERO WHO ISN’T AFRAID TO PLAY DIRTY

Your parents no doubt taught you the difference between a white lie and a regular lie. Well, any time John Matrix lies, it’s a white lie. Case in point with this scene. Instead of killing Sully last like he had said earlier, Matrix kills him second (out of about 132, give or take a few). This is an important motif in all good action movies: just because the hero says something earlier doesn’t mean he has to do it later. That makes things unpredictable, which keeps your audience on edge. Also, killing an antagonist without remorse is perfectly acceptable as long as you have the antagonist offer an unwanted handjob to the leading lady a few scenes prior. I say, “Good riddance” to Sully and I know you will too. In my book, that’s just one less dirtbag trolling the streets for handjobs.

Sometimes your hero has to be a bit duplicitous if it’s going to serve the greater good. Had Matrix let Sully live, he no doubt would have come back to the airport to ask Cindy out on a date, and she really didn’t need to be bothered. The life of a flight attendant is too hectic to be bothered by henchmen. You already have horny business travelers hitting the in-flight help button every minute to ask for “something!” (Especially if you look as ravishing as Rae Dawn Chong!)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    And one more:

SETTING UP THE STAKES

In this scene, we set up the bond between father and daughter by showing that John is in touch with his daughter, Jenny’s lifestyle. He uses his knowledge of what’s tops on “pop culture street” in order to develop a playful rapport with Jenny over sandwiches. It’s here that Matrix’s verbal wit shows its face for the first time, as he wryly asks Jenny about pop idol Boy George, “Why don’t they just call him Girl George?” This is something Arnold came up with on set, and it was such a perfect adjustment. It really won over the studio, who had originally given me notes to “not have Arnold speak” in the film.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I loved how Bennett was a middle aged dude with salt and pepper hair and a beer gut but could still give Matrix the fight of his life. I guess it's all about training after all:dunno:

Top Bottom