• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The men's race yesterday had multiple crashes, with several riders suffering broken bones. One guy broke both collar bones, another a shoulder.

The fastest I've ever gone on a bike was 48MPH (the hill n SR46 coming out of Nashville, heading north to Bloomington), and the pros will do 60-70MPH on some stretches of the Tour de France. Scary fast.

Yeah, the chicks were flying. Unfortunately Mara Evans (US) who was leading got caught the last 100 or so meters... ended up 4th.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, the chicks were flying. Unfortunately Mara Evans (US) who was leading got caught the last 100 or so meters... ended up 4th.

Poor gal didnt have anything left in the tank. I thought it was a gold for us when she had that 30 sec lead after the other rider went down. Thats too bad. Hope the other rider is okay...it looked bad.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And the Dutch rider goes down! American rider leading the pack....
    Anybody else see that crash?

Edit: it looked bad, I hope she's alright.

Looks like her wheel lost grip on the painted line. They can be wicked slick with just a little moisture. Team says she is okay.

Heartbroken for US rider although when she looked over her shoulder at 1K she had already given up.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    We've been watching. I like the competition and womens volleyball is my favorite! Yeah I saw a replay of the French gymnast who broke his leg. That was brutal. At least it was not a compound fracture. Here's a link to youtube. Not pretty so if you're squeamish dont watch.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We saw that wreck happen with the cyclist. It was bad. I thought she was dead the way her head bounced off the curb

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/sports/olympics/schedule-rio-summer-games-results-watch.html?_r=0

Looks like she has a severe concussion(code for potential permanent long lasting effects?) and 3 minor fractures of her spine. Wow...

The family and I were shouting at the TV at the top of our lungs cheering the US cyclist on...but to no avail. It made me sad she didn't even medal.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I saw this quote last night and arched my eyebrow at it as you seldom hear somebody say something like this...but it evidently got a few feminists to get their panties in a bunch...

Kerry Walsh-Jennings<?> said 'I feel like I was born to have babies and play volleyball'... I love the one tweet in the article from some on in support of her. 'I was born to have babies and play volleyball...and I'm all out of babies'. lol

USA Volleyball Star Makes Comment about ?Having Babies? That?s Pretty Ballsy in This Day and Age

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Womens gymnastics team is really killing it now. Our women will defintely be bring he more overall gold medals then our men across all sports.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Womens gymnastics team is really killing it now. Our women will defintely be bring he more overall gold medals then our men across all sports.

Yeah, the Men's VB, biffed it to Canada... yes Canada, a country that doesn't even spell or pronounce it's country's name the way they intended to be.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    The guy who broke his leg also got dropped by the paramedics as they were loading him into the ambulance.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    No comments on Lilly King from Evansville kicking ass last night and backing up her trash talking? Loved it! Watching Phelps and the US gymnastics team(female) tonight.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    No comments on Lilly King from Evansville kicking ass last night and backing up her trash talking? Loved it! Watching Phelps and the US gymnastics team(female) tonight.

The finger shake was good.

uaasrqssntgwqstuccsw.gif

MTVmYzYzOTc5OCMvN2pNWkNXZnhKTFJGZDFFY2NMa3l3bjlwcndBPS83OHgxNjoyMzIyeDEyMjMvMTI4MHg2MjAvZmlsdGVyczpxdWFsaXR5KDc1KS9odHRwczovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy95YXh0YXVmazNjaGs5a213Y2x4dXJ5ZWtqbW1ydXpwODQ4YmxoNWJxcjBsMG12eTl3d2ttM3l4MjduemU5NHg0LmpwZw.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Lilly King stepped up for sure. I enjoy seeing those young kids having the time of their lives. I really enjoyed seeing Michael Phelps win after that douche from South Africa tried to get in his head.

Top Bottom