• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Since we have had an unusually hot summer, I've been waiting until late at night to cast bullets. I do my casting in my utility barn(10x14) but it has no AC and only one window. It is now 2:30am and the lead pot is heating as I type this. Does anybody else do this or am I just weird?:D I tried it during the day time but it was just too hot, especially with long sleeves and gloves on. 30 years ago, I did my casting in the kitchen but since we moved into a new house my wife put her foot down.:):

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I've cast around 3K of 9mm this week, sweating like a pig cause i need to be asleep in those wee hours of the morning :) Tried a big fan one night but it kept cooling the nozzle on the pot too much so I just suffered through... Beer sure goes down easy afterwards though ;)

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    I do as you wait until early morning hours.Might also say if you are sweating bad be carefull no sweat drops in the pot we all know what happens then. I keep my pot on a high workbench so I do forget and lean over the pot .

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I do as you wait until early morning hours.Might also say if you are sweating bad be carefull no sweat drops in the pot we all know what happens then. I keep my pot on a high workbench so I do forget and lean over the pot .

I keep my lead pot set back on the work table I use when casting. With my elbows on the table edge I can just get the bullet mold under the spout to fill it. I never get over the pot when it has molten lead in it. Good advice you give though.

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    There should be a good fan blowing out of the casting area. Should be able to draw in cooler outside air.
    According the "news," temperatures are so high that many don't need to plug in the pot. Only problem is cooling the molds to solidify the lead.

Top Bottom