• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I just inherited a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, needs some body/trim work.

It's the classic "little old lady" special. Lived it's whole life in Sun City, Az, <80,000K.
    Until I got it last week, it was driven <1200 miles in the last 2 years.
    It had always been dealer serviced, so it to them for servicing,( oil change and a new serpentine belt) and took off for Indiana. Drives great, 32mpg, no mechanical issues at all.:)

BUT---for the last couple of years it sat in a driveway in the Az sun/heat and it shows. The dash is warped, window molding dried and cracked--- etc.
    Looking for some suggestions. What's best product to treat the rubber/vinyl with and is there any way to straighten the dash without replacing it? I'm thinking a heating pad and weight might work.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Honestly I'm not aware of a way to fix the problems your vehicle has without replacing them. On that point, do you know any classic car guys(gals ). Talk to them... They would be the local experts on refinishing. They know the right people to call. Go to car shows & ask around. Take it to the show so they can see it. If you ask around , someone with approach you with info that you can use. I have found many good people at car shows. There's a few on here that may have ideas on where to go or who to call depending on your location

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Best rubber/vinyl treatment- Aerospace Protectant 303, but if the stuff is too far gone, a "like new" look will never be returned.

As for a warped dash, I know there are covers you can glue on that are designed to just cover the damage- not carpeted ones, but vinyl ones that are dyed to replicate the dash, but I don't know if they have one for this model.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is this the issue? It's not concours, but it's better.

[video=youtube;7vU7egZ2enA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vU7egZ2enA[/video]

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    That era Grand Am had issues with window trim around the windshield if that is what you are talking about. They always popped up around the top of drivers side/passenger side.

I miss mine sometimes... it's not an M5 but it was a fun "cheap" car to play with.

Edit: I see you found GAownersclub. good place for info.

parkhome096.jpg

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Since you're in Fort Wayne. Go visit Marcus Marquart out in waynedale, Marquarts Custom Creations. Won't find better work or service and he and his son are very nice guys. They do all of our restoration work for the shop I work at.

Jon

Top Bottom