• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    We have plans in Indy tomorrow so my GF said she needs to stop at Macy's and get some clothes. We should be out of there by the time the simulation starts.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I just left the Mall. Sears actually. No one said a thing about my OC. Heck, I didn't get a look from the hundreds of LEOs.
    It was tough getting out. I had to go over to Co. Line Rd. No way I was getting out at the Madison light. Cars lined up out of sight.
    I'd rather have the locals do the Keystone Cops now than in a real situation.
    Thanks for the time and training put in guys.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I just left the Mall. Sears actually. No one said a thing about my OC. Heck, I didn't get a look from the hundreds of LEOs.
    It was tough getting out. I had to go over to Co. Line Rd. No way I was getting out at the Madison light. Cars lined up out of sight.
    I'd rather have the locals do the Keystone Cops now than in a real situation.
    Thanks for the time and training put in guys.

I got here at 5. Still waiting for it to kick off. I've already lodged my complaint with the Feebs about shutting INGO down.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was asked to volunteer for this. I honestly forgot about it but you all have fun watching the FBI pretend to save the day. It should be for good entertainment. Hup hup hup hup hup hup

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Don't listen to other INGO'ers, Frank is 5'2 in high heels.

I call BS. I've done a ride along. He's definitely 5'8" without high heels.

I'm crying "Foul". What happens in Vegas......Stays in Vegas.

It wasn't in Vegas. It was Shelbyville.

I was asked to volunteer for this. I honestly forgot about it but you all have fun watching the FBI pretend to save the day. It should be for good entertainment. Hup hup hup hup hup hup

I really hope there's video of this. :):

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    No particular issue with LEO's holding a simulation on how to respond to a terrorist attack at a mall. Aids in knowing the layout, etc.

But, what does this do to prevent a terrorist attack at a mall?

Unless it's a coincidence that an LEO is there shopping, OR unless the malls intend to have LEO's patrolling the mall during all open hours, the MOST likely scenario is that the 'first armed responders' to such an incident are going to be armed civilians.

How should those armed civilians respond? We won't know as the malls do nothing to address that most likely scenario. Perhaps that's an area where training should be focused. But, it is consistently, utterly ignored and the 'solution' is merely to stick up 'GFZ' signs as though that's going to solve the problem or prevent the next James Holmes from walking in and shooting up the place.

You know, exactly like Holmes did at that 'GFZ' Century Theater in Aurora, CO.

UNTIL the malls, theaters, etc. implement civilian programs and address the most likely scenarios, this is all, really, just 'feel good' measures.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    No particular issue with LEO's holding a simulation on how to respond to a terrorist attack at a mall. Aids in knowing the layout, etc.

But, what does this do to prevent a terrorist attack at a mall?

Unless it's a coincidence that an LEO is there shopping, OR unless the malls intend to have LEO's patrolling the mall during all open hours, the MOST likely scenario is that the 'first armed responders' to such an incident are going to be armed civilians.

How should those armed civilians respond? We won't know as the malls do nothing to address that most likely scenario. Perhaps that's an area where training should be focused. But, it is consistently, utterly ignored and the 'solution' is merely to stick up 'GFZ' signs as though that's going to solve the problem or prevent the next James Holmes from walking in and shooting up the place.

You know, exactly like Holmes did at that 'GFZ' Century Theater in Aurora, CO.

UNTIL the malls, theaters, etc. implement civilian programs and address the most likely scenarios, this is all, really, just 'feel good' measures.

I doubt the focus will be on stopping an active threat, but more of a "what to do after the bomb goes off."

They will probably be training to secure the perimeter, evac the injured, de-contaminate, etc.

Top Bottom