• ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    freedom tastes like **** water? :cool:
    Our local bottle shop, which has a great selection of beers from all over the world, posted a pic of the first customer today.....yep, he was buying a 12 pack of bud lite! :):

To each their own, though, and if I’m out and about and somebody offers me a bud lite or Coors, I’ll happily drink one with em!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The stories I could tell about my times with the "Silver Bullet"........Liquid courage right there.

Only thing crazier than that is Lititle Kings. Do they even sell them anymore?
    Little Kings Cream Ale. What beer will never be. I think I was a long-haired civilian when I last had one of those. That was during the Reagan Administration.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought a tiny bottle of crown royal and kept the receipt. I might put them in a shadowbox along with a newspaper article or something. It only took 202 years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Wow. The sale at big red liquors made my favorite brew go out of stock. But ive found a new favorite. Lagunitas undercover investigation shutdown has just earned its spot in my rotation. Excellent.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Wow. The sale at big red liquors made my favorite brew go out of stock. But ive found a new favorite. Lagunitas undercover investigation shutdown has just earned its spot in my rotation. Excellent.

Undercover Shutdown is pretty tasty, one of my favorites of theirs next to Brown Shugga and Sucks but really Lagunitas makes great beers. Only found a couple of theirs that to me were really funky. Brown Shugga can sit pretty heavy at times.

Dave Murray was an awesome one too but a One Hitter Series

It comes from Columbus IN but Dank Candy Bubblegum from 450 North is tasty, and so is Sticky Icky Icky from Shorts

Beer rambling now

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Undercover Shutdown is pretty tasty, one of my favorites of theirs next to Brown Shugga and Sucks but really Lagunitas makes great beers. Only found a couple of theirs that to me were really funky. Brown Shugga can sit pretty heavy at times.

Dave Murray was an awesome one too but a One Hitter Series

It comes from Columbus IN but Dank Candy Bubblegum from 450 North is tasty, and so is Sticky Icky Icky from Shorts

Beer rambling now

I got the undercover shutdown because i couldnt find brown shugga after i couldnt find taxman. My ultimate favorite is old rasputin russian imperial stout it is just so decadent i cant drink it all the time. But it is still my favorite.
    and brown shugga reminds me of that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had enough so I skipped it. Went to carry out pizza for dinner and almost stopped at the Big Red down the strip mall but waved that idea off on principle.

I refuse to spend money at a liquor store after they and their lobbyists fought against our rights tooth and nail for years. There is no good reason I cant walk into a store on a Sunday AT ANY TIME OF DAY and buy alcohol regardless of temperature. This bull :poop: is obnoxious.

The only way I'll spend money at a liquor store now is if I have absolutely no choice and that is the ONLY way to get what I want. (a single barrel scotch, etc) I wouldnt shed a tear if a liquor store gets squeezed out by competition now after the crap the liquor lobby pulled.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I had enough so I skipped it. Went to carry out pizza for dinner and almost stopped at the Big Red down the strip mall but waved that idea off on principle.

I refuse to spend money at a liquor store after they and their lobbyists fought against our rights tooth and nail for years. There is no good reason I cant walk into a store on a Sunday AT ANY TIME OF DAY and buy alcohol regardless of temperature. This bull :poop: is obnoxious.

The only way I'll spend money at a liquor store now is if I have absolutely no choice and that is the ONLY way to get what I want. (a single barrel scotch, etc) I wouldnt shed a tear if a liquor store gets squeezed out by competition now after the crap the liquor lobby pulled.

I don't think Sunday sales was the real beef, from what I understand. It was all the other regulations that liquor stores have always had to follow which the grocery stores don't want to follow and figure they can just make new laws. I am still of the opinion that Wal-Marts and Krogers should not have hard liquor in such an easily accessible area, especially since that is the product that is stolen the most at Krogers. I don't really care when, where or how you get your booze, but I darn sure don't like how kids just walk in and steal it.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    For those above commenting on Little Kings and Mickeys, they do still make both. Also I prefer Spring Mill Bourbon for my Indiana whiskey.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A liquor store just across the state line in Michigan, (juat north of South Bend) is now closed. They did a huge business on Sunday's prior to Indiana prohibiting Sunday sales.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A liquor store just across the state line in Michigan, (juat north of South Bend) is now closed. They did a huge business on Sunday's prior to Indiana prohibiting Sunday sales.

Free market and all that. Unfortunate but the nature of the beast. I'm guessing we'll see a fair share of mom and pop's that either won't bother opening on Sunday or stop doing it once they see slow traffic pattterns.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Free market and all that. Unfortunate but the nature of the beast. I'm guessing we'll see a fair share of mom and pop's that either won't bother opening on Sunday or stop doing it once they see slow traffic pattterns.

In MI, beer isn't regulated by temperature. So you can get a cold 6 pack at the gas station. Indiana however is a different story because the liquor stores are where the cold beer is. I see most of them doing a better business.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

That was my go to stop up there on business. I know that little dive well. I’d typically drive up the night before, so that was my best option when I arrived on Sunday.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Anyone remember drive-thru liquor stores? They had them in New Orleans and surrounding areas when I lived there in the '80s. Open 24/7 Never had to leave your car. You actually drove thru the middle of the building, with the aisles on either side of you. And we think it's a crazy world nowadays. :patriot: This thread is working up a thirst.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Anyone remember drive-thru liquor stores? They had them in New Orleans and surrounding areas when I lived there in the '80s. Open 24/7 Never had to leave your car. You actually drove thru the middle of the building, with the aisles on either side of you. And we think it's a crazy world nowadays. :patriot: This thread is working up a thirst.

My oldest son lives in Lafayette Louisiana, they still have drive through liquor stores there, or, at least you can buy a margarita at one, I didn’t try to buy beer, er, I mean, the person who told me about it didn’t try to buy beer.

There used to be several in Louisville, we used to go to one particular one back in the early 80s that NEVER asked for ID, er, I mean, I heard about one particular one that never asked for ID.:):

Top Bottom