• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Next eclipse? Yes. Next Mega super duper blood moon eclipse, no. Everybody is making a huge deal about this because its a blood moon AND its a super moon (closer than normal to earth).

What many miss in this hype is that there will be other lunar eclipses between now and 2033. Just not this triple crown rare...

I could tell the Moon was closer. It was huge in the sky.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Caught few pictures with my wife's Nikon. Not sure specs on the lens. I had to mess around with settings a bit to get it to focus on the moon. Couldn't capture some of the orange hue after it was fully eclipsed, as the camera just couldn't get focused.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Clouds left just as the eclipse started here in the Batesville area. I thought it was pretty cool. Family gave it a step up from "meh".

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    Here's one of my pics from tonight...

21773240815_ff3ca50cbb_k.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    2033. I might be here...or what's left might be. They'll have taken my drivers license by then...but they never are gonna find my cache.

....sure hope I can remember where it is! LOL

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    2033. I might be here...or what's left might be. They'll have taken my drivers license by then...but they never are gonna find my cache.

....sure hope I can remember where it is! LOL

Gummy bears. That will be me. Depends and gummy bears.

If I live to see 88 will I be able to see.....:)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The clouds opened up for us through the peak up on I69 on the way back from Ft Wayne. We stopped at a rest stop and got a pretty good view. Too cloudy here.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I saw the start of eclipse on a flight from Minneapolis to Indy which was pretty cool and was able to see the first 40 minutes or so of it from the plane. After landing the clouds finally broke up a bit so I was able to take a few photos.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wish I'd remembered. I was out with a cigar last night, didn't know to stick around out there and see it. Had a good view, too.

Guess I'll try again in 2033.

nrkY6fb.jpg

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Last night was a great night to work mids... 9pm to 5am. The clouds did cover most of the view in NW IN, but it cleared slightly. Was quite a show, and change from normal boring, night to night. After eclipse, driving was on a bright New Moon reflection, almost didn't need headlights. Was cool.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I was on Abe Simpon's side last night, I was cursing the stupid clouds. The wife, kids and I went out and watched it happen, it was really cool. Clouds didn't completely spoil it, just put a slight damper on the occasion a time or two.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

We sat out tonight and had a bonfire and enjoyed the moon. I won't exaggerate and say it was like day time out, but it was bright enough that even with reduced "night" vision due to a glowing camp fire, we could walk around the yard with full view of the normal obstacles like trees, kids toys, the swing set, and so on. I'd say if a person were to sit out tonight in the dark and let their eyes fully adjust to the darkness, that basic land navigation would be no problem at all under the moonlight.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is my crappy phone pic of the moon over Rochester. I watched it rise all the way from 421 in Francisville(?) To 31 in Rochester. Finally found somewhere to pull over and take the pic.

Top Bottom