• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheriff125

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Morgan Co
    The pictures were taken at the request of the tripod manufacturer. You'll notice that it was daylight outside and there were about 68,000 people not in the stadium at the time. The rifle did not have a round loaded into the chamber at any time that day and once the pics were taken the rifle was placed off to the side and binoculars were used for observation.

I gave permission to the tripod manufacturer to use the photos, I have provided him with pictures previously which he has used in his marketing. I did not know they were going to be put on Facebook.

Carmelbythecorn did you see this post?

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    its just you!!!:twocents:

what does it hurt for there to be skilled law enforcement there protecting the average joe that spent thousands of dollars to be there?

It's not just him. I find this terrifying. What if you were defending your family and pulled your sidearm, and a sniper popped you because he spotted someone w/ a handgun with his binoculars? That is one of many hypothetical situations; there are many others. I apologize if the guy in the picture is on this forum, but who makes him judge, jury, and executioner?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I apologize if the guy in the picture is on this forum, but who makes him judge, jury, and executioner?

Who says he IS all those things?

I won't pretend to know the SOP for such situations, but I was always under the impression that they served more of an overwatch role, and were there if a situation unfolded that required their positional advantage. I don't think they are there to immediately fire shots at just anyone they are suspicious of (as in your scenario).

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    I wouldn't be surprised if one of them (because you know there was more than one) doesnt have a pic of himself taken by himself from his view haha

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It's not just him. I find this terrifying. What if you were defending your family and pulled your sidearm, and a sniper popped you because he spotted someone w/ a handgun with his binoculars? That is one of many hypothetical situations; there are many others. I apologize if the guy in the picture is on this forum, but who makes him judge, jury, and executioner?

There are armed cops and non cops all over the place. Why be terrified of these specific ones? I spent the past weekend with 20 or so armed citizens and had no fear.

I am disgusted by illegal search and seizure, the war on drugs, the surveillance state, no knock warrants on non violent offenders and a variety of overstepping actions by the State.

I do not get all stressed out by the presence of armed citizens, police or otherwise. As long as we get the same toys they do, I don't have a problem with it.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Regardless of your views on the subject, the operator of said rifle could recieve some undue stress over the release of these pictures. I know he was there under orders, and with the full authority of his department and all the requisite alphabet agencies. That said, the powers that be most likely will not like all the attention the issue is recieving in the media (don't ask, that's just how the brass are.)

We all know this guy was set up to take care of the dirtiest deed - a terrorist act - not some Patriots fan who gets upset that Brady can only throw 20 yard passes. I know this man, and a lot of you do too. I unequivocally trust him to point that rifle in my direction if I were to ever be taken hostage. He needs our support rather than our second-guessing.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    They were saying on FOX 59 this morning that these pics were pulled from FB because of the outcry. I for one, am not the least bit surprised that this was going on. I personally have mixed feelings about it.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Regardless of your views on the subject, the operator of said rifle could recieve some undue stress over the release of these pictures. I know he was there under orders, and with the full authority of his department and all the requisite alphabet agencies. That said, the powers that be most likely will not like all the attention the issue is recieving in the media (don't ask, that's just how the brass are.)

We all know this guy was set up to take care of the dirtiest deed - a terrorist act - not some Patriots fan who gets upset that Brady can only throw 20 yard passes. I know this man, and a lot of you do too. I unequivocally trust him to point that rifle in my direction if I were to ever be taken hostage. He needs our support rather than our second-guessing.

I think this is very well said and I agree 100%. I hope the brass doesn't come down on his butt. If it is who I think it is, I would trust him to watch my 6 anytime though a scope.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Agreed JSX, This man is a professional and class act. The pictures have been explained already several pages back.

I know this man, and a lot of you do too. I unequivocally trust him to point that rifle in my direction if I were to ever be taken hostage. He needs our support rather than our second-guessing.

sheriff125

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Morgan Co

Agreed JSX, This man is a professional and class act. The pictures have been explained already several pages back.

Very well said :yesway:

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Not a single problem!!!!

One heck of a teacher he truly is. People baffle me in some of their posts if they only knew when and where they were being watched. HAHA :shady:

Top Bottom