• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I ate a pack of that same type Oscar Mayer last week. It was very good. I still like the smoked pepper bacon from Shipshewana best.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'll take none of the above....

I've not tasted any 'commercially available' (read that as mass packaged/produced) bacon that even comes close to the bacon that we buy from the Value Market Butcher shop in Mooresville, IN.

picture.php

Picked up 5lbs yesterday :drool: :bacondance:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'll take none of the above....

I've not tasted any 'commercially available' (read that as mass packaged/produced) bacon that even comes close to the bacon that we buy from the Value Market Butcher shop in Mooresville, IN.

picture.php

Picked up 5lbs yesterday :drool: :bacondance:
    That's where we by all ours, but it's gone up about a dollar a pound over the last 6-8 months....Still the best and cheapest out there....Try their $1.79lb country sausage....I've heard the smoked chops are awesome too. We buy the country style ribs from them when they are on sale like this week, $1.89lb and the ground chuck ROCKS at $2.59lb......
    I LOVE VALUE MARKET!!! They have locations in Cloverdale and Gosport too, but Mooresville is right up the street from us.
    Here's my last Bacon buy from them.
    0709111356.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    might agree, unless package says TURKEY....

But yes Value Market Mooresville, I agree...just had some this am with DHolder cooked with sausage and eggs on open fire....mmmmm mmm good
    Hey now, don't be hatin' on the turkey bacon. If you have cholesterol issues then turkey bacon is better than no bacon. :twocents:

BTW, I've had turkey bacon before. It's not that bad. I was on a hunting trip and I saw the turkey bacon package and thought to myself, "Just great, fake bacon, this is going to suck." But my preconceived notations and judgements were quickly changed. It was actually pretty good; as a matter of fact, that one experience single-handedly changed my opinion on turkey bacon.

Would I buy turkey bacon? Probably not unless I was trying to watch my cholesterol or something. Would I turn turkey bacon down? Nope, I'll eat anything that resembles bacon. :bacondance:

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    The only bad bacon is the bacon you don't get. That being said, I have no use for, nor any good words to say about, fake (turkey, tofu, etc.) bacon:poop:. Whoever conceived such a monstrosity should be taken out and shot repeatedly! :ar15:
    The best packaged bacon I've found in the Indy area is Wrights. Some of the bacon you get from the butcher at certain stores can be terrific. The best (if most expensive) bacon I've had is from Burger's Smokehouse. http://www.smokehouse.com/burgers.nsf/mcategory/Bacon:bacondance:

Top Bottom