• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I say if you live in the United States and the flag offends you, then get the H311 OUT! I just cant believe what this country is coming to. I guarantee that if that woman had hung the gay pride flag up nothing would have been said. I love where I work, we all are gun nuts, we all pack daily, we have Old Glory proudly displayed in just about every one's cubicles. Some of us even have our Anti-Obama sayings on white boards, cube walls, etc.

INGunGuy

JNT0421

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Crown Point
    Exactly, if our flag offends you.... please feel free to leave! The hospital can fly the flag proudly outside, but employees are not allowed to carry their patriotism inside with them?? :xmad:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Time for an email campaign

Kindred Healthcare - Nursing Centers

I am very disappointed in the hospitals actions regarding the display of the American flag as reported on the Dallas/Ft Worth channel 11 news web site (http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at.office.2.1020415.html) To demand that an employee remove the American flag because someone was offended is just wrong. Many a brave service men and women have fought and died for that flag, and to require its removal is a slap in the face of all who serve. You should be ashamed.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Time for an email campaign

Kindred Healthcare - Nursing Centers

[/color][/font]

I'll go you one better...here is the name and number of the lady in charge of Corp. Communications for the entire Kindred system:
    Susan E. Moss
    Vice President, Communications
    (502) 596-7296

This is information that is publicly accessible on THEIR website, so anyone can find it. I just left my message for Kindred on her voicemail and I hope others do the same!!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sounds like a small fire is beginning to grow under their.... rear.

Just a little teenie fire...
    MA-Holyoke-fire-761633.jpg

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Sounds like a small fire is beginning to grow under their.... rear.

I especially like the part in their BS reply about it being "the size of the flag" that was an issue. LMAO...then what about the one flying out front of the freakin' hospital?!?! That one must make the "offendee" sick at their stomach every day they come to work then if that little 3' x 5' jobbie made them THAT uncomfortable.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    "I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag, what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done," McLucas asked.
    The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized.
    IANAL, but I don't think she has any "freedoms" while on the job, other than the freedom to quit and go work somewhere else where they aren't concerned with the size of the flag that she displays. Employers dictate what their employees do all the time while on the job, and this shouldn't be any different. It's the employer's place of business, it's the employer's call.

Now, do I think it's ridiculous that someone found it offensive and she had to take it down: yes.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Well at least
    Kindred Hospital Mansfield has a great deal of appreciation for the service that many of our employees and their families have given to their country. We honor our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably. Both employees have family members who have served in the military. The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up. We share their love of country and we appreciate the service of their family members as well as all members of the armed forces.
    Bold added by me.

Buckaroo

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I'm not sure what's weirder... the woman wanting to hand a 3'x5' flag in her cube or them asking for it to come down

maybe im missing something, but what is wrong with being patriotic? she has family over in Iraq. the woman has every right to hang a flag, not to mention it was on memorial day, a day dedicated to those who have served our country.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What pisses me off, and I'm suprised no one else has said something sooner, is that those ****suckers put the Flag on the FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

I'd have quit that job and punched that son of a beech in the face on the way out!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized

On another forum, I predicted that the company would trot out that BS as they started getting more and more heat over this.

Why do I say it's BS? First, it wasn't until today that the company even mentioned the size of the flag. For the last several days, the issue reported by the company was that another supervisor and a patient were offended by the American flag. Second, the size of the flag doesn't justify the company's supervisors throwing the flag on the floor, an act of deliberate hatred and disrespect for our flag and what it stands for.

Top Bottom