• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    AWESOME article! I have to disagree mrjarrell. People are waking up. They are realizing, at least up north, that we have the right to OC and that they are OK with it. I've had several persons in the last month talk to me and tell me that they admire that I am OCing and that they will now consider applying for their LTCH so that they too can OC off their property. People are seeing that we are, for the most part, normal citizens who simply choose to arm ourselves to protect ourselves and others. Now THAT'S a change I'd like to see continue. Damn I love the smell of freedom in the mornings :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    In almost every other place that has OC there is no requirement for a permission slip from the government. Here in Indiana you cannot OC unless you have that slip. There's a massive difference between Indiana and these other states. There they are exercising their rights. Here you're exercising your privilege.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    My take on that article is "not good". The politicians and police agencies both said they are going to await the outcome in court beforing making their next step.

I'd say OCing in that state is doomed.

It's complete B.S. that the dude in the article was arrested because a civilian was ignorant of the law. How handy is that for the antis in that state?

They don't a thing to educate the population- almost ensuring MWAG calls. Which they are going to prosecute for disturbing the peace.

Nope I didn't read any good news in that article.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Too bad it'll never catch on in Indiana.

In almost every other place that has OC there is no requirement for a permission slip from the government. Here in Indiana you cannot OC unless you have that slip. There's a massive difference between Indiana and these other states. There they are exercising their rights. Here you're exercising your privilege.

Why do you say it will never catch on in IN? CT law is close to IN, no carry outside of your property without a permission slip. Although IN seems to be a bit more lenient from what I read in that article.

And no, almost every other place does not allow OC without a piece of paper, out of the 43 or so states that allow OC 13 require a permit. While it is a majority it is not almost every. Yes it should be every. But we have to work against all the years of anti laws, and this may be a good step in that state.

Last edited:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    My take on that article is "not good". The politicians and police agencies both said they are going to await the outcome in court beforing making their next step.

I'd say OCing in that state is doomed.

It's complete B.S. that the dude in the article was arrested because a civilian was ignorant of the law. How handy is that for the antis in that state?

They don't a thing to educate the population- almost ensuring MWAG calls. Which they are going to prosecute for disturbing the peace.

Nope I didn't read any good news in that article.

The criminal charges were dropped. The only thing working their way through the courts is the two civil suits the OCer filed. This is the kind of exposure we need. I no one OC'ed for fear of new laws then OC is doomed anyway.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    The criminal charges were dropped. The only thing working their way through the courts is the two civil suits the OCer filed. This is the kind of exposure we need. I no one OC'ed for fear of new laws then OC is doomed anyway.

I agree that OCing would be in jeapordy if no one does it. I OC here in Indy as much as possible.

IN isn't CT though so I'm hardly risking the blowback people get in CT.

I think it's in trouble in CT because, per the article, the powers that be are focusing on outlawing it while making it a public spectacle/pain for anyone that does OC.

If the NRA doesn't get onboard supporting OCing I'm going to be done with them.

It's sooo sweet that if and when we CC there isn't anyway worries (other than tactical) if you happen to print or get made.

I've heard of guys in other states getting arrested for "brandishing" just because they printed or someone sad their gun.

My point is the right to OC protects us from B.S. issues that could come up while CCing.

The OC haters should think about that a little.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I just hate the fact that every time we get a good number of OC'ers going those bad guys start killing us off like flies! That's the ONLY reason there are more CC'ers out there! We keep getting shot!

Top Bottom