Suppressed 300 BLK AR-Pistol Build Thread - Updates as I go.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    Go for it. I've not found a negative, so long as one of the rail designs fits what you want to do with your build. Quality is top notch, and the weight of the combined upper and rail is rather low. Aero lists the assembled upper as 11.2 ounces and the 12" keymod rail as 8.0 ounces. Keep in mind that the quad rail is substantially heavier.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a 10" Noveske-built upper in 300blk with a standard gas block. Never had a problem with over gassing with any round; in fact it would not always have enough gas to run subs unsuppressed (not that I really wanted to, but I was waiting on the can stamp).... Mine is a relatively early 300blk, and they may have changed the port size but it's definitely not over gassed. It has always run supers well, and subs as long as the AAC SDN-6 is attached. It was very tight when I received it, and it ran even better with 1k rounds through it.

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    No obligation at all. Regarding the decision to stake or not stake a castle nut, I fail to see any negatives to doing so that are applicable to my gun (for example, I won't be frequently changing buffer tubes for fun). However, there are theoretical, and possibly very real, benefits to staking that nut.

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    Three months with no updates; I'm sure you were all on the figurative edges of your seats!

Well, here she is. Just a few quick and dirty high-ISO shots. I'll do a proper photo shoot sometime soon. No can or AimPoint yet. We are in the process of buying a home, so I'm lucky its completed to a level that allows me to run it at the range!

17930258601_499386930f_h.jpg

17324310314_efbb49acd7_h.jpg

-Rooster-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Midwest
    Here's a parts list for the gun as it sits. It's in its completed form, sans the planned AimPoint, can, and possibly a small light.

--- Weight of the gun as shown (empty USGI 20 round mag inserted) is 6.0 pounds on my likely somewhat inaccurate home scale ---

--- Overall length is 25.25" ---

LOWER ASSEMBLY

- Aero Precision Stripped Lower
    - V7 Weapons Systems lightweight Magazine Catch/Release
    - V7 Weapons Systems Lightweight Castle Nut
    - Seekins Enhanced Bolt Catch
    - V7 Titanium Grip Screw
    - BAD-CASS-SA-ST Ambi Short-Throw Selector with Short FDE Levers
    - Thordsen Standard Pistol Builder Kit
    - ALG ACT Trigger
    - Magpul MOE-K2 Grip
    - Magpul Aluminum Enhanced Trigger Guard
    -
    KNS Precision Turned Lower Parts Kit
    - Ergo Lower Spring Replacement Kit
    - I Kick Hippies SLAP Sling End Plate
    - Spikes ST-T2 Buffer and Standard Carbine Spring

UPPER ASSEMBLY

- Aero Precision M4E1 Upper with FA
    - V7 Weapon Systems Lightweight Port Door
    - BCM GunFighter Charging Handle with Mod-4 (medium) Latch
    - Aero Precision Enhanced Keymod Rail 9.0”
    - Ballistic Advantage 8.3” Premium 300 Blackout Barrel with Pinned Gas Block
    - Spikes Tactical Melonited Pistol Gas Tube
    - BCM BCG Full Auto HPT/MPI
    - Magpul Rail Sling Attachment
    - Magpul MS3 Gen-2 sling (not pictured)
    - Kaw Valley Linear Compensator 5/8x24 – 30 cal
    - B5 Systems GripStop Kurtz
    - Daniel Defense Fixed A1.5 Sights
    - MAGPUL BEV Armorers Block -- I mention this as a side note, as I don't think a standard upper block will fit on the M4E1 for a barrel install. This block should solve that issue.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Very nice I have that same upper with rail and lower. Aero makes quality stuff. The way the rail is proprietary to the upper makes sure it will never come loose. Looks like we used mostly the same lower parts. I've got a zero tolerance bcg in mine and a ambi ch. very nice setup! Building with quality parts is rewarding. No not the most expensive that you can go but certainly not the cheapest

Top Bottom