• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I ran eleven rounds of 405gr RNFP over 14 grains of Trail Boss powder tonight. Average velocity was 1007 fps, function was perfect, even locked the bolt back on the last round.

[video=youtube_share;tkaFa4aufnA]http://youtu.be/tkaFa4aufnA[/video]

I have a new brass catcher, sure is nice not chasing it everywhere, :):

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I ran eleven rounds of 405gr RNFP over 14 grains of Trail Boss powder tonight. Average velocity was 1007 fps, function was perfect, even locked the bolt back on the last round.

This load ended up being just a little on the high side in my rifle, I backed the charge down and got way better accuracy. Here's my subsonic load data thread, https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/352676-subsonic-458socom.html

Very cool setup, Im glad you are enjoying it!!!!

I'm loving it! :rockwoot: The guys from Lane got a kick out of my 150 yard video, :)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The suppressor is a Lane Scorpion 458 from Orion Arms, it's mono-core, all stainless, user serviceable and for a great price! Boomstick was great to work with, he was able to get my efile done when the NFA site was having all those issues, thank you Sir! :ingo:

Wow! The prices for those are almost reasonable.:yesway: Sweet setup.:rockwoot:

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    The Lane LLC guys are a cool group of dudes, they have really been helpful for us, and make a heck of a can. I still have .450 & .458 cans in stock for $499 if any of your friends want one

crazyj789

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Valparaiso
    This is exactly what I want to build but 10.5" barrels with pistol gas systems are nowhere to be found. Who did the smithing work to cut down your 16" barrel and block the carbine gas system and make it a 10.5" with pistol gas system? Also what gas block and tube did you use? Thanks for any info

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    This is exactly what I want to build but 10.5" barrels with pistol gas systems are nowhere to be found. Who did the smithing work to cut down your 16" barrel and block the carbine gas system and make it a 10.5" with pistol gas system? Also what gas block and tube did you use? Thanks for any info

This is without a doubt the place to get your 458 parts, Tony was one of the original guys in on the development of the 458 socom in an AR. :thumbsup:

Tromix Lead Delivery Systems

Top Bottom