iPhone%205274-X2.jpg

More pics at Mosin Nagant - DanVoils

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    That would be a nice setup if he had some Remington or Savage metal in that stock. As is, it's a decent boat anchor.
    Aren't all Mosins nothing more than boat anchors to some people? How does having some "Remington or Savage metal in that stock" make a difference? Not sure I'm following you. Thanks for the reply though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think that's pretty BA. I'm with you Dan. Some people like out of the box, ready to run toys. I like, and can appreciate technical skill in building something.

kut (builds his own R/C cars)

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I think that's pretty BA. I'm with you Dan. Some people like out of the box, ready to run toys. I like, and can appreciate technical skill in building something.

kut (builds his own R/C cars)

Thanks, it's a lot of fun to shoot. It's actually mine and the idiot I'm referring to is myself. :cool: It's surprisingly accurate, even out to 200 yards with Tula ammo. I try not to shoot the corrosive stuff unless I have to. I'm definitely not shooting corrosive through the can!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'd love a threaded mosin! I would love to have one threaded, however hate to put the time and money into it. Looks like fun to me!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Thanks, it's a lot of fun to shoot. It's actually mine and the idiot I'm referring to is myself. :cool: It's surprisingly accurate, even out to 200 yards with Tula ammo. I try not to shoot the corrosive stuff unless I have to. I'm definitely not shooting corrosive through the can!

What is surprisingly accurate? Is that the factory barrel that you cut and threaded?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. That's pretty quiet!

Your gun, your mods. :D

I kinda like the idea of updating things. Kinda proves that good ideas/designs have longevity beyond what was expected.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    What is surprisingly accurate? Is that the factory barrel that you cut and threaded?

Yes the original barrel. I've shot some Mosins that were very inaccurate. I was surprised the bullet could find it's way out of the barrel! This one still has good rifling for it's age.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Wow. That's pretty quiet!

Your gun, your mods. :D

I kinda like the idea of updating things. Kinda proves that good ideas/designs have longevity beyond what was expected.

I was really surprised how quiet it is. I like updating and changing things too. It keeps it interesting!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Dan, That is Bad Ax! We need more folks thinking "Outside the Box". Used to run a Keith Black Aluminum GM engine in a Top Alcohol Funny Car, it didn't know it wasn't a Hemi!

Thanks. It's funny that I've gotten a few PM's from people saying I ruined the gun and that the only real Mosin is one that's stock not modified. I guarantee that if this technology was available in 1942 it would have been used!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That would be a nice setup if he had some Remington or Savage metal in that stock. As is, it's a decent boat anchor.

Aren't all Mosins nothing more than boat anchors to some people? How does having some "Remington or Savage metal in that stock" make a difference? Not sure I'm following you. Thanks for the reply though.

Huh? You call yourself an idiot for building this Bubba-licious gun then get upset when someone knocks it?

Thanks. It's funny that I've gotten a few PM's from people saying I ruined the gun and that the only real Mosin is one that's stock not modified. I guarantee that if this technology was available in 1942 it would have been used!
    What technology do you speak of? Magnified optics? Removable magazine? The suppressor?

The plastic stock is the only component that wasn't available in 1942.

Sure you ruined an MN - there's tons of them, so no loss there. And hey, I like to hack electronics; so if you like to hack guns, then more power to ya.

delphigto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Walton
    Nice set up. A lot of time and money in a gun that's not worth much but very cool set up. Probably a lot of fun to shoot and cheap to shoot also.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I like it. :yesway: BTW..How did you "ruin" the gun? It still shoots fine from what I can tell. People like to collect and keep things the way they historically were and that's fine. It would be a different story if the Mosin he used were a museum piece and the only one of it's kind.

IMO what Dan did I would not consider to be a "Bubba job"

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Sure you ruined an MN - there's tons of them, so no loss there. And hey, I like to hack electronics; so if you like to hack guns, then more power to ya.

He didn't ruin the MN. I ruined a norinco SKS. I used a dremel tool. It cannot be undone and I sorely regret it.

He just dropped the rifle in a different stock and threaded the barrel. I know ruined.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    On the modification part, there are Mosin Nagants that are rare/valuable. As in thousands of dollars, yes plural. Are all rare/ valuable? No. Kinda like are all Chevrolets rare/valuable? No, but some ars 55, 57, Corvettes etc. (If you can't tell I collect military surplus) 1942 is a WWII year, lot of history going on. Your rifle, your money. Happy shooting

Top Bottom