• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't listen to these knuckleheads.

Suppress the Rough Rider, but be aware that it changes the recoil characteristics, so you'll want to change your grip to this:

ATT92879.jpg

Caveat abductor pollicis

And that's why we can't have nice things.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Revolvers Can't Be Suppressed. Or Can They? - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

I love the picture of the Freedom Arms Mini Revolver with the Huntertown Arms on it, but there is also a threaded Rough Rider shown there...

Thanks for that article. I may still consider doing this for no other reason than pure curiosity, and if it sucks I'm out minimal investment on a mediocre pistol. Upgrading the sights can do nothing but help it, and threads just need a cap.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks for that article. I may still consider doing this for no other reason than pure curiosity, and if it sucks I'm out minimal investment on a mediocre pistol. Upgrading the sights can do nothing but help it, and threads just need a cap.

If you do it, I expect a report. :)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    In all seriousness, and it might only work on a .22lr since there’s not much pressure, what if one were to machine a small “collar” out of Delrin or polycrylic or something that slipped over the forcing cone and mostly closed the gap with the cylinder? It could cause minimal cylinder drag and direct most of the escaping gas into the barrel. Just spitballing here....

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    That grip works really well with RG revolvers and the old H & R .22's as well.....

Didn't RG stand for "Really Good"? I had forgotten all about them and how bad they were. If I remember right they were $50 NIB from most any dealer, except Don's where they were $300, LOL.

Top Bottom