• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I find myself wondering how we have gotten to a place in this country where innovations for ways to reduce noise from a firearm involve the ATF. Seriously don’t understand what the issue is or why they need to be regulated. I have seen people use oil and fuel filters, PVC, etc and the government says it is illegal. Why? What possible argument do they have for noise reduction other than taxing it to further irritate us. So our best option is to buy an overpriced “legal” suppressor and wait.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I find myself wondering how we have gotten to a place in this country where innovations for ways to reduce noise from a firearm involve the ATF. Seriously don’t understand what the issue is or why they need to be regulated. I have seen people use oil and fuel filters, PVC, etc and the government says it is illegal. Why? What possible argument do they have for noise reduction other than taxing it to further irritate us. So our best option is to buy an overpriced “legal” suppressor and wait.

1. Taxes
    2. Most people's knowledge of, and attitude towards, firearms comes from TV and movies. Even the ATF.
    3. Taxes
    4. Cause they can.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    There was a bill going through either the Senate, or the House during Trumps administration, that would have deregulated suppressors, and made them like firearms, just go to an FFL and buy one, but of course the demoncrats took over the house, and the bill died because "only assassins" use "silencers"

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    There was a bill going through either the Senate, or the House during Trumps administration, that would have deregulated suppressors, and made them like firearms, just go to an FFL and buy one, but of course the demoncrats took over the house, and the bill died because "only assassins" use "silencers"
    The bill died because, perhaps not coincidentally, the Vegas concert shooting happened just before the bill was going to be voted on in the house. And we still don't have a motive.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The reason is regulation. The government exists to regulate. What people don't realize is when our country was established, rights of the people existed without having to ask permission. The government doesn't exist to give us rights, we have the "Unalienable" rights from our creator. That critical principle is being lost.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I was listening to the arguments before SCOTUS and they said, no lie, that bump stocks are different than hooking your finger in your belt loop because the bump stock fires more than one round per depression of the trigger and using your belt loop only fires once per depression of the trigger. Some real brain trusts...

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Yeah but they were added to the NFA in the 30s.. does anyone remember why they were back then?
    Mighta been hit man stuff but also poaching. people couldn't afford to go to the store in the depression so they got meat how they could. .gov didn't like that so they tried to be sneaky so the gov made it hard to be sneaky. You think 200 is bad now, back in the 30s 200 bucks was a lot bigger hit.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    SCOTUS: Their ignorance is encyclopedic in nature.
    (And not just on the subject of firearms...especially among those in the majority.)

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    5. Taxes
    6. Taxes
    Control thru punishment, punishment thru Control (all in the name of safety, think of the lives saved, all in the name of taxes think of the $50 bucks that can be collected, think of the red tape, we must justify our job, let's create lots of red tape, charge you for the privilege & tell the world how we're making it safer

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mighta been hit man stuff but also poaching. people couldn't afford to go to the store in the depression so they got meat how they could. .gov didn't like that so they tried to be sneaky so the gov made it hard to be sneaky. You think 200 is bad now, back in the 30s 200 bucks was a lot bigger hit.
    You gotta admit, today's political elite is smarter(?) than folks back then. I'm not sure smarter is the word, probably evil is more like it.

I fully believe that if the NFA were created today by these elites, they would have tied the cost of the stamp to the economy so that the prohibitive nature of the fee wouldnt eventually become an annoyance in a couple generations.

$200 in 1934 is around $4,600 in today's dollars.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    The bill died because, perhaps not coincidentally, the Vegas concert shooting happened just before the bill was going to be voted on in the house. And we still don't have a motive.
    Yes, that is really weird that the whole thing just disappeared. I’m sure they are covering something big up.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Yes, that is really weird that the whole thing just disappeared. I’m sure they are covering something big up.
    It's not all that weird. The gov't has shown it doesn't mind killing people. The gov't has shown it is willing and able to entice people in to committing crimes and using them as an example to enforce it's agenda (see The MI Governor kidnapping plot, see Jan 6 planted agents).
    I have no hard evidence but it is not all that outlandish to think the government planted the shooter and told him what to do. Like Godfather part 2 plot; we've got something on you and you'll never recover. We won't go after your family if you do this thing which will ultimately end in your own death.
    I used to be anti conspiracy theory until all the conspiracies started coming true.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    It didn't disappear, they had their narrative. old white gun guy with assault weapons and bump stocks shot up a bunch of innocent concert goers then shot himself. guns are evil, bump stocks were banned, closed loop, nothing else needed.

You gotta admit, today's political elite is smarter(?) than folks back then. I'm not sure smarter is the word, probably evil is more like it.

I fully believe that if the NFA were created today by these elites, they would have tied the cost of the stamp to the economy so that the prohibitive nature of the fee wouldnt eventually become an annoyance in a couple generations.

$200 in 1934 is around $4,600 in today's dollars.

Thorough. Devious. Conniving.
    Exactly.

CodeBlue

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2023
    Westfield
    It's all about the mighty dollar! No other reasonable explanation can be refereed.

Top Bottom